Chapter 17: Your Sister

Germany sighed as he walked out of the European Union building. He combed his fingers through his hair, thankful that such a stressful day was finally over. He paused for a moment outside the doors to look around himself, only to see a woman rushing over to him with the strap of her purse clutched in her hands. She stopped next to him, panting, and smiled.

"Oh good, I caught you before you left," she said, out of breath. She was slumped over as her knees supported her upper body. Germany looked down to see her bright yellow hair as she began to stand upright.

"Ukraine? What are you doing here?" He asked. He'd never expected to see Ukraine around the European Union building because of her brother, but he did remember she had been a candidate to join for a good while now.

"I came to..." she chuckled a little bit and took deep breaths. "...talk to you. About my membership, I mean."

"Are you sure you want to try and join? Your brother..." Germany began, but he decided not to finish that last sentence- he didn't have to.

"I'm not gonna be joining for a good while, but I did want to get to know you a little bit, just in case I do join," she explained. "So I was wondering if you'd like to hang out sometime."

"I'd love to, I'm free after work every day and I've got Sundays off, so whenever is best for you." Germany smiled and shook Ukraine's hand.

"How about seven tonight?" she asked.

"Sounds great, I can pick you up or...?" Germany said.

"I'll pick you up at that time, sound good?"

"Of course, I look forward to it." They exchanged smiles and went their separate ways. Ukraine sighed and smiled to herself.

"Take that," she mumbled. She did want to know Germany- she was never allowed to know anybody, especially not him- but she was partially only doing this to get back at her big brother. She knew he had a crush on Germany, she imagined everybody knew, so this was the perfect way to piss him off without him being able to do anything about it. He would never hurt anybody in front of Germany, no, because he had to be Mr. McPerfect for Germany to like him back.

Germany arrived at his house around ten minutes later. He set his things down by the entrance on a coat rack he had made himself. He walked into his bedroom and picked out some clothes he'd wear later. He was about to take a shower when he heard the doorbell ring, and he sighed.

"How can I help you?" He asked.

"Oh, am I disturbing you? I'm sorry..." Canada mumbled.

"No, no, it's alright, come inside. I've got maple syrup if you'd like a glass," Germany said. Canada laughed.

"It's fine, I usually don't like it straight up anyways."

"Usually? You sure you don't mean never?" Germany asked, sitting down at the island in his kitchen. Canada joined him and smiled.

"Sometimes I drink pure maple syrup, but that's only when it's a dare and I'm getting payed," he chuckled. "Its not that bad, I promise!"

"You keep telling yourself that, Canada," Germany said. "You want anything to drink?"

"I'll be fine. Unless you've got Purely Canadian, then I'll take that," Canada declined.

"Sadly no, but we've got normal water- Ooh, sparkling water too," Germany smiled. He never ate at his house so he had completely forgotten about the sparkling water he had in the fridge.

"I love sparkling water!" Canada exclaimed.

"Me too!" Germany matched his friends tone. They laughed together while Germany put two sparkling waters on the table. "I've only got blackberry, hope you don't mind."