Chapter 16: A Desperate Attempt

AAAAA sorry it's been so long!! Like I said, I'm not really into Countryhumans anymore, but I'm gonna try my best to wrap this one up, I've just been blanking on ideas for the longest time. I really don't feel like this is going anywhere... so you better bet I'm gonna make it go somewhere!! Ha, had you in the first half, didn't I? Anyways, I can't even read the first chapter of this fanfic without dying inside but you know whatever. I'll fix that all later.

America sprung up out of his bed the second his alarm went off. He dressed himself in some nice clothes, trying to look professional. He was going to have to earn Germany's heart the hard way, and he'd start doing that today. He left his house and drove over to the European Union's office building in his Ford F-150. He was so excited the whole drive that he almost ran over Italy- who was walking to the office himself-, but that didn't matter to him. He'd never really tried to win somebody over the hard way like this, they all just naturally loved him. That's one of the thing s he liked about Germany, he was different. He didn't drool all over America like pretty much everybody else did.

He parked in an empty space in the parking lot just next to Germany's car and walked inside.

"Hello!" America beamed. He didn't know who the receptionist was, he was never good with countries he deemed fairly irrelevant.

"America, what are you doing here?" Cyprus, the receptionist, asked. He had a blindfold around his head, which covered his eyes, but he could tell it was America by the sound of his voice. He was good at that.

"I'm here to see Germany," America explained. 

"Do you have an appointment?" Cyprus asked, scratching the back of his neck. 

"No," America mumbled.

"Then I can't let you see him. He's a very busy man, you know," Cyprus explained.

"Please Cyprus! For me?" America pleaded.

"I'm sorry America..."

"I will invade you if you don't let me into his fucking office," America snapped at Cyprus.

"Okay... uhm, it's the twenty-seventh floor... the last one, just take the elevator," Cyprus mumbled.

"That's what I thought," America stared at Cyprus meanly before making his way over to the elevator. He fumbled with the buttons trying to figure out which one was the twenty-seventh- none of them had numbers- but America could barely count past nine. Just then Austria walked into the elevator and America sighed with relief. "Hey, you wouldn't mind pressing floor twenty-seven for me, would you?"

"Not at all," Austria smiled. His aura was very calming, it reminded America of the days back when Britain would sing him those silly songs he loved so much... Nope. America thought, I'm not a baby. I don't even care about the stupid guy. 

Austria pressed the button for floor seven, America could tell because he could count to seven, and then he pressed what America assumed to be twenty-seven. He smiled down at Austria, and Austria smiled back. His presence was comforting, and only when he payed close attention did he realize Austria was carrying a violin case solemnly by his side.

"You play violin?" America asked.

"I do. I could play it for you sometime if you'd like," Austria offered.

"That'd... be nice, thank you," America smiled softly, warming up to the man. How come he'd never realized how calming his presence was?

The elevator stopped at floor seven and Austria took a step forward.

"Wait."

Austria turned back around to see America holding his hand out. "Can I, uhm... can I have your number?" He asked.