Chapter 3: A Strangely Named Restaurant

Ahh sorry this took so long! I've been really busy with school and stuff so I can't update as frequently, but here you go! Also, how did this get 100 reads out of nowhere?? Anyways, this is a little shorter than usual so sorry about that.

The walk was going to be long, and Germany knew it from the start- which was right when he stepped out into the comfortable afternoon air. He took out his phone from his back pocket and put in the name of the restaurant that he would meet Poland and Czechia at. Once the directions had finally loaded, he began to walk. He admired the tall trees and beautifully coordinated plants that Austria had in his backyard.

About halfway through the walk he realized he forgot his jacket. Oh well, he could always get it some other time. At some point he had almost gotten run over by some crazy dude driving a truck. Germany hated truckers, and for good reasons. They were always loud and obnoxious. 

Once he had finally arrived at the restaurant he went in. It was a very nice restaurant, themed according to the Polish flag. It made sense, it was a Polish restaurant.

"Hey, have Poland and Czechia gotten here yet?" he asked the waitress. Germany knew she would know who he was talking about because she was one of Poland's friends. Her name was Hungary.

"Oh no, not yet, but they do have a table reserved if you'd like to go sit there and wait," Hungary said, smiling.

"Great, thank you," he said while Hungary led him to the reserved table. It was in the nicest part of the restaurant, decorated with maps and pictures of cardinals and famous locations. Germany smiled when he saw a picture of Berlin on the wall.

"Here you are, I'll let Poland and Czechia know that you're here when they arrive," Hungary said.

"Thank you again, Hungary," Germany smiled. He sat down at the booth. This part of the restaurant was nearly empty, only a few other people there. Germany assumed that this was a VIP sort of section, seeing how there were only countries here. He decided to see how many of them he could name. First he counted them all. There were 8 countries there. Looking around he saw Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Belarus, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland. They were all European countries mostly in the north, so they all knew each other and were sitting very close- as close as you could get using up 2 booths.

"Hi Germany!" Poland called, running over to the table with Czechia following slow behind.

"Oh hello Poland, Czechia. I just got here a few minutes ago so Hungary brought me to our table," he chuckled.

"Hungary is so sweet. Anyways, how have you been? It's been forever," Poland asked, sitting on the opposite side of the table from Germany, Czechia sitting next to her.

"I've been good, took a day off working at the EU to spend some time with a few friends and all that," he responded.

"Wow, you never take a day off work," Czechia was surprised.

"USA begged me and he would've bothered me all day. I wouldn't have gotten anything done anyways," Germany sighed.

"Alright, well we should look at our menus to find out what to order," Poland brought up.

"Good idea. Also, how do you say the name of this restaurant? I don't speak Polish and it sounds really hard to do," Germany asked. Poland laughed a little bit.

"It's Brzydka Pieprzona Restauracja," Poland said, proceeding to burst out in laughter.

"What's so funny?" Germany asked. Czechia simply shook her head and laughed along with Poland. Germany shook it off and decided on what to drink. Poland and Czechia had stopped rolling on the floor laughing just before Hungary came in to take their orders.