Chapter 6: Secrets

I'm gonna try and update more frequently because yeah. Here you go, chapter 6! Also, a special mention to my lovely friend once again. Love you guys! <3

America had been sitting in his car waiting for god knows how long. He was so bored and so very tired, but he couldn't let himself fall asleep. He had to see who it was. He had to see what would happen. Just before he drifted off, he heard a car pull into the driveway. He looked through his binoculars and saw Germany getting out of the car with Poland. So that's who it was, huh?

He watched as Germany walked Poland to her doorstep. They hugged. But just when Germany was about to pull away...

"They... they..." America stuttered. He had been narrating the whole thing out loud, but couldn't force out the words to describe what happened after that. His heart sunk deep into his chest, as if it would never show itself again. America put his binoculars down and rested his head in his hands. He barely even knew what to think. Maybe I should go for a drive... he thought.

.

Germany got back into his car and started driving to his house.

"What am I thinking..." he mumbled. Germany had many secrets, most of which would devastate Poland if she ever found out. Ever since they had met and he heard about what his ancestors had done to her he contemplated whether or not it would be a good idea to form a relationship with her. There were too many things that were simply a part of him that would break her heart over and over again. And he couldn't do anything to change that. He could tell she really did love him though, so maybe they could just get through it. The only question was one that he had to ask himself; Do I love her?

He arrived at his house and went inside, closing the door behind himself. Just then, his phone buzzed. A text from Russia.

"I'm bored," it said.

"What should I do about that?" Germany replied.

"I don't know. Can I come over?" he asked.

"Sure," Germany agreed.

He went upstairs to change. Russia would think something weird was going on if he was wearing a suit and tie when he got there, so Germany put on some normal clothes. He waited in his living room for around five minutes- nobody lived far away from each other. Countries all had to live in one little city. It was a common tourist location, but no humans could legally live there. The United Nations really liked to separate countries and humans, so the countries all had to work on their economies and wars from home- or from an office building. Then he heard a knocking on the door, finally. He stood up and let Russia in.

"Hey," Russia said.

"Hello," Germany answered, awkwardly.

"What do you wanna do?" Russia asked.

"I don't know. You're the one who wanted to come over," Germany mumbled.

"You ok?" Russia seemed genuinely worried.

"Yeah I'm fine, just had a busy night," he sighed.

"You don't have work today though, what were you doing?" Russia asked curiously.

"I don't think it matters," Germany didn't really want to tell him.

"If you say so. I'm always here to listen if you want," he smiled.

"Thanks, Rus."

"Yeah. You know, I've been wanting to ask you something for a while..." Russia mentioned.

"Oh god..." Germany prepared for the worst- the worst being the same thing Poland had said. Not that he didn't like Russia, of course. He just didn't want to cheat... it was cheating, right?