Chapter 10: Friends Or Just Allies?

Yes yes finally you're welcome, I see your comments. 🙄

Germany stared into the mirror. The only thing he saw was a monster. Something to despise, just how everybody else saw him. He only saw his flaws. Time and time again he had asked Soviet why his teeth were so much sharper than everybody else's, but he received no answer. Just a hug and a kiss on the cheek, the one thing Mr. UK never provided for him. Love. Despite his official guardian technically being United States, Mr. UK took care of Germany except for when it was Soviet's turn to take him. Mr. UK would give Germany the essentials for living; food, water, and a warm place to sleep. Mr. UK cared for his biological children more than for Germany himself, especially since the responsibility of Germany was forced unto him due to America's childishness and lack of responsibility, not to mention the Cold War. Germany understood why Mr. UK liked his own children more. Germany was the son of the monster, and as far as he knew, he was a monster himself. That's how everybody saw him, everybody except Soviet. Soviet cared for him, he loved him just as he did his own children. He was caring and kind towards Germany, perhaps because he wanted to give Germany a better life than Germany's father would have. Soviet didn't spew propaganda every five seconds how Germany's father did, and he didn't call him a disgrace or a threat to society how Mr. UK and his children did. Germany loved being with Soviet, it was one of the things he most looked forward to on the weekends. He would hesitate when he had to leave to go to Mr. UK's house, and he would jump into Soviet's arms when he arrived for the weekend. Soviet tried his best to pass his love and care for Germany on to his own children. Some of them truly believed Germany was better than his father, more than his father. Others only respected him because they were afraid Germany would become a carbon copy of his father. For a long, long time after his fathers death, the propaganda still lingered in his mind. Crying is for girls and babies, not boys and men like you. Stand upright, nobody will respect you if you don't. Germans are the only people you should trust. Everybody else is lesser than us. Nowadays Germany could recite all the propaganda and name at least five reasons not to follow it. That is how much he hated his father. He hated his father so much he made it illegal to sympathize with menaces like him. You could not deny the horrors that occurred, and you could not support the Nazis in any way shape or form. Germany hoped that making these laws would help the world to realize that he wasn't his father, and he never would be.

Germany stared in the mirror for a little longer. He noticed his roots were growing out in his natural hair color- blonde. He had always dyed it black so that it would look nicer, but deep down he knew there was a more profound reason why. He would have to cover up his hair until he could dye it again, which might take a while. He contemplated red this time instead of black, it might look nice. White would be a nice contrast as well. He'd have to think about it. He then got sucked back into his thoughts and memories from so long ago, remembering flow he used to cling on to Soviet as if his life depended on it. The more he thought about it, maybe it did.

.

Russia woke up alone in Germany's bedroom, just as he did the morning before. He walked downstairs, but to his surprise he didn't find Germany in the kitchen. Or the living room. After searching the whole first floor- which really wasn't much- he walked back upstairs and saw that the bathroom door was closed and the light was on. He walked down the dim hallway, staring at paintings on the wall as he went. When he arrived, he knocked on the bathroom door lightly and heard something fall.

"Hey Ger, you good?" he asked.

"Yeah!" Germany said from the other side of the door. As soon as he had heard Germany speak, the door opened and Germany walked out. He looked a bit worried.

"You ok?" Russia asked.

"Mhm..." Germany smiled. Russia then realized that Germany didn't have his shirt on, and he was covering the upper part of his left arm.