Chapter 13: Love, Germany

I'd like to take a moment to personally thank everybody who has been with me through this story, whether you read the first chapter the minute it came out or you just found out about this fanfic! I can tell you for certain this is NOWHERE near done, and it will definitely take a while to finish, so I appreciate you all staying with me to motivate me through this story, no matter the outcome. I love you guys! ❤️

"I'm sorry, that was a dumb question, I'm just tired..." Germany reassured himself.

"It's alright," America chuckled. Damnit.

"Oh! I just realized I... need to be somewhere!" Germany exclaimed, making up an excuse to leave.

"Oh."

"Err, I have to go! You can head home. Or you can stay here. I don't care. Okay bye!" Germany rushed out the door.

.

One thing about Japan was that he could hide the fact that he wasn't normal. He was one of the different ones, the more respected ones. But all he wanted was to be treated like everybody else, so he learned how to hide his abnormalities. Japan appeared to be just like everybody else, a pure white face with a red circle in the middle and crimson eyes that glowed in the moonlight. Something that they didn't know- something they couldn't know- was that Japan was part Kitsune. He could bring out his tails and his animal ears at his will- which made his eyes pierce into the soul of anybody he looked at, and gave him red stripes on his cheeks-, but he never did so. He just wanted to be normal. One of the only people who knew about it was China, but China had raised Japan from the ground up, so it wasn't a very easy secret to keep from him. Suddenly, Japan heard a loud knocking on his door.

"Good morning," he mumbled, shielding his eyes from the light outside.

"You should really turn a light on in there sometime. Good morning, though," Germany smiled. They both knew each other's secrets, they had practically been best friends from birth. They had always been brought to their parent's meetings as children, back when neither of them knew how to hide. They would play together in the hallways outside of the meeting room- which was usually in the bunker Germany lived in-, but they were never allowed further than that. They never bothered to ask why, and sometimes Germany regretted that decision. Japan let him inside. While he walked into the living room, he stared up at the rose-tinted skylight like he always did. Germany stared in awe at the sight, the world from a whole new perspective.

"Maybe I should get rose tinted sunglasses," Germany pondered. "I'd love to always see the world like this."

Japan chuckled, assuming Germany wasn't aware of the metaphoric symbolism rose-tinted glasses had.

"I don't think that would be the best idea."

"Why not? The world is so much more pleasurable with a beautiful color tinting your vision. Living without such a thing would be like having life with no communication, so dull and boring. We've always seen the world how our naked eye would perceive it, but everything could change with that little tint of love following you around wherever you go," Germany ranted, almost poetically. Japan nodded.

"I see where you're coming from, but wouldn't you rather see things in their true colors? A rose tint would make everything look warmer and sweeter, even the dullest of tundras. It wouldn't be wise to settle in a tundra, and that rose tint would make it look like a valley with just that simple spec of color," Japan argued. He had a more profound meaning behind what he had just said, but he didn't expect Germany to pick it up, especially since he didn't appear to know what a rose-tint referred to. Germany sighed thoughtfully and sat down on Japan's couch. "So why did you come here?"