Prologue

Peace.

That's all that the Messenger knew for quite some time. Its crew locked in stasis to preserve precious Energon resources.

Four bots, sent out to gather data and scout unknown regions of the universe.

Their stasis pods rest in the back of the ship. The far left pod belongs to Angelblade, the warrior of the team. Colors are hard to make out through the glass, but we are not bound by such mortal inconveniences.

Angelblade's frame is colored in a lighter shade of blue and green. Her optics, while closed now, are the signature Energon blue of a bot who has not altered their color. Angelic wings line the front of her helm, serving to her name.

In the pod next to Angelblade rests Bumblemus Prime. One of my disciples. She is the leader of this team of Autobots. Sporting a somewhat bulky frame for a femme, her colors stick to darker tones. Blue, a darker blue that leans into purple and bits of violet here and there. Her optics contrast this with a softer sky blue tone.

The third pod is occupied by a mech named Echostrike, although he prefers the name Shrek. He's the weapon specialist. His frame sports the colors black and purple. A visor in red is currently in place over his optics, which are, when open, a similar color of red. Many believe him to be a Decepticon at first sight, but far from it.

The last pod belongs to Willowisp, the medic of the bunch. His frame is white and orange in typical medic fashion. His optics are also a healthy Energon blue. Fins line the mech's audios and a small light serves as a crest on his helm, which he uses to get favorable lighting during procedures.

The ship's computer is dormant, as they've left it before going into stasis. But that is soon to change.

A message appears on screen, in Cybertronian, quite obviously.

'Dimensional rift detected. Cannot alter course to safe path. Chance of contact: 99.9% Standby for impact.'

A dimensional rift is a rare phenomenon. Its capabilities to transport matter to a different location, even a different universe, are virtually limitless. And the Messenger is headed right for it.

The ship is now orbiting a planet called Earth. One they might be quite familiar with, only this is not their universe anymore.

An alarm begins to blare on the ship's deck. This triggers the emergency override which releases our friends from stasis.

By now, the keen eyed among you may have deciphered my identity.

For those who have not, let me introduce myself.

I am Primus. I am the core of Cybertron and the one to forge the Thirteen original Primes.

Why do I observe such mundane affairs as a ship with an unassuming crew? That question will be answered with time and patience.

For what is life without a little excitement, hm?