Chapter 2.3

Bumblemus rubs her optics, sighing heavily as she lays back on her berth. Who knew having to explain to Optimus how they got here is such an exhausting task.

She closes her optics and waits for recharge. She doesn't have to wait long, fortunately.

The femme soon wakes again, finding herself, not in her berthroom but in a chamber she vaguely recognizes.

Sitting up quickly, she blinks, half expecting the room around her to disappear. It does not.

Bumblemus rises to her peds, looking around more clearly now. This room…

'It's Vector Sigma' she realizes quickly. She's right, and it's active too. A giant orb of light floats over a chasm, holding not only Cybertron history but also the wisdom of the Primes.

Illuminated by said light is a figure. A frame that she doesn't recognize. Once Bumblemus locks her optics onto the figure, her Matrix reacts to it.

Intrigued, the Prime approaches, walking closer to Vector Sigma. Once she is close enough, the figure on the edge turns around to face her.

"Bumblemus Prime" he greets in a deep voice that can only be a mech's. "I am Prima, the first Prime."

Bumblemus blanches for a moment. That's one way to casually meet a legend.

Prima's frame is a shining silver. Not dark, like Megatron's, but almost blinding. The light of Vector Sigma reflects off of it. On his back rests the Star Saber.

The femme clears her throat, confused as ever. "Right… why am I here? How are we in Vector Sigma?" she asks.

"We are not physically here. This is a dreamscape, created by me and controlled by your mind. It is the only way I can currently exist." he replies.

"As for the question of why, you are special, Bumblemus Prime."

Bumblemus raises an optic ridge. "Special? In what sense?"

Prima finally turns to her, his Energon blue optics shining more brightly than any she has seen before. "You and your friends' arrival marks the beginning of an event not even the Primes can fully understand."

"Does that mean that danger is coming?" Bumblemus asks, immediately worried for her team and her friends.

"Perhaps. That is unclear to me."

Prima sighs and turns his gaze to Vector Sigma. The uncertainty of the future frustrates him.

"Then, I'm here because you wanted to warn me?" The femme inquires.

The first Prime nods slightly, an actual smile slipping from his derma. "Yes. But something more as well."

Prima turns back again, facing Bumblemus head on. "My siblings have taken interest in your friends, much like I have in you. We intend to watch over you, to assist you in whatever comes to pass."

The femme Prime didn't really understand the scope of Prima's words, but she is intrigued nevertheless. 

Prima places a servo on the hilt of the Star Saber and removes it from his back. He lays it out flat on his servos, offering it to Bumblemus.

"This is the Star Saber, as you may know. I offer this to you, to use in battle for justice and freedom. Should you accept this gift, it shall forge a bond between us. You shall wield the Saber and harness its power, and I shall offer you protection and guidance." he says seriously.

Bumblemus takes a moment to admire the beautiful weapon before she bows her helm in a nod. "I will accept your gift."

The femme holds out her servos and Prima places the Star Saber in them. When she lifts her helm again, Prima and Vector Sigma are gone. Only the Saber remains, glowing in the darkness of her room.

"Well, at least the others are going through this as well" the femme sighs, putting the Saber in a safe place and returning to her recharge cycle.