Chapter 6

"Wisp. Hey Wisp!"

Willowisp is drawn from his recharge cycle by the calling of his name.

The medic grunts and sits up, rubbing his optics tiredly. He recognizes that voice. "What is it, Whirl?"

His brother is smirking proudly. "I thought of something fun to do today!" he announces.

"Fun? We are fighting a war, Whirl. Isn't that fun enough for you?"

"As fun as kicking Decepticon aft is, a lot of you need to cheer up as well."

Wisp sighs. "Let's hear it then."

Whirl shakes his helm. "Not yet Wispy, you'll see what it is. I asked the humans for help. They're very nice."

Willowisp snorts. He's pretty sure that the humans are terrified of Whirl, who is tall even by Cybertronian standards.

The medic gets up from his berth and walks with his brother to the main hangar. A few of his friends are already there.

None of them look too happy to be awake already.

Apparently Wisp was the last bot that Whirl needed for his ‘something fun to do’ because the blue mech walked to the front of the room. “Okay everyone, we can start now!” he announced.

“Do ya know what this is about?” Jazz asks the bot closest to him, which happens to be Wisp. “ No clue,” the medic replies.

“Alright. Everyone stand on a marking on the floor,” Whirl says, pointing at several round markings on the base floor. One for everyone.

With some shuffling, everyone finds a place to stand. Angel stands in front of Wisp, tilting her helm back. “What’s your brother up to, Wispy?” she asks.

“I have no idea Angel, truly,” the mech replies with a shrug.

“Alright, here we go,” Whirl says from his place in the middle of the room. Even he stands on a marking. He signals one of the humans and the lights go out.

There are some surprised calls around the room, which turn into screams when everyone feels something slick and sticky get dumped on top of them.

Wisp is fully blinded for a moment until he retracts his visor. Thank Primus he forgot to do that when he woke up.

The lights turn back on and he sees that not everyone is so lucky.

Every bot in the room, including Whirl, is covered in various colors of paint. 

“NOT PINK! ANYTHING BUT PINK!” That’s Angel, freaking out because she is covered in hot pink paint. Shrek, from under his coating of orange paint, bursts out into laughter.

Bumblemus raises her servos to look at herself, she’s fully covered in purple paint. “Well, it could be worse,” she comments.

But there is one mech who can’t see the sunny side of this ordeal. Sunstreaker. Covered in sky blue paint, he storms up to Whirl, who himself is covered in green paint, with his servos curled into fists. “You!” he shouts.

But Whirl isn’t intimidated. He doesn’t move a cable when the formerly yellow mech runs towards him like a raging bull. “Yes, Sunstreaker?” he asks, voice deceptively calm. Only Wisp recognizes the danger in that tone.

But Sunstreaker seems to have gotten the hint. He backs up, optics sudden wide in fright. The Wrecker can really leave a mark.

“Now,” Whirl continues. “There’s two of every color. Find your partner.”

Angel lets out a disgruntled noise when her partner in pink walks over to her. None other than Rodimus Prime.

“Hello Firefly~” he flirts.