Chapter 10

"...fine?"

The word comes out more like a high-pitched squeak.

Shrek is frozen in his peds, optics blown wide as he stares up.

The rest of the group is confused at first, then they hear metal grinding behind them. Turning around, they stare right into Sentinel's blue optics.

The Prime is awake.

"So… I realize this looks bad," Angel starts, maybe trying to reason with Sentinel. "But it's not, okay?"

Sentinel blinks slowly, as if processing the situation. "It looks to me like you're stealing my pillars," he says in a low growl.

"We're just borrowing them!" Shrek butts in quickly, finally unfrozen. "So, we'll just go and-"

A narrow missed shot from Sentinel shuts him up.

Bumblemus wraps a servo around the hilt of the Star Saber, ready to unsheath it. "Do that again and you're rust," she spits.

"Now you're speaking my language!" Angel cheers, grabbing the handle of the red blade. In the other servo, she's still holding the pillar, but Whirl quickly swoops in to take it from her.

Shrek is not amused by the attempt on his life by the ancient Prime. He transforms one servo into a blaster and grabs a grenade with the other. "Try me, glitch," he sneers.

Sentinel growls and unsheaths the blade he has on his back, along with his shield. This was going to be a battle, that much was clear.

“Whirl, take the pillars, and get out of here!” Willowisp urges, tossing his own pillar to his brother and taking out his staff.

Whirl’s singular optic widens as they are on the brink of a fight with Sentinel Prime. He regains his composure and bolts out of the room, after picking up Shrek’s pillar as well.

“Do you honestly think you stand a chance?” Sentinel asks, taking on a battle stance.

“You’re not the only Prime in the room, genius,” Shrek points out, jutting his servo with the grenade towards Bumblemus, who has taken out the Star Saber.

“Make no mistake Sentinel,” Angel says, practically spitting out his name. She’s drawn her other blade as well. “We’re gonna kick your aft.”

Sentinel takes a moment to observe the situation. His optics widen slightly when he recognizes the sword in Bumblemus’ servo. “The Star Saber?” he questions. “You seem less than worthy.”

With that, the older Prime makes a lunge to attempt to grab the mystical sword. Bumblemus sees right through him and steps aside, stabbing after Sentinel.

Barely, he manages to dodge that and with a seething hiss. But now Angel jumps onto the opportunity to test her swords in real battle.

“You’re not stealing anything today, fragger,” she hisses, skillfully slashing away at the red mech.

Wisp hangs back for a second. He’s not a skilled fighter yet, having focused on improving his medical skills first.

Shrek likes to remain at a distance. He fired the occasional shot, careful not to damage any of his friends.

He's decided to ditch the frag. In a confined space such as this, it'd only cause more trouble for them.

Sentinel growls and shoves Angel back. He takes a few steps in the opposite direction, knowing he had a disadvantage here with so many opponents.

He transforms his servo into a blaster and aims for Bumblemus. Firing, that momentarily grasps the attention of both the femme Prime and Angelblade.

That's what Sentinel had been counting on. While Bumblemus ducks away, he aims again and fires within a second. This one is aimed at Angel.