Chapter 11

"Bring him over here! What in Primus' name happened?!"

Ratchet's voice is frantic despite his efforts to keep it together. Nobody could blame him really. It was quite the scene.

The BP team was just gone after they came back to the base, along with reports of the Xantium missing.

They couldn't make any contact with the ship while it was on the dark side of the moon, which didn't ease any of the concerns they had.

Then the first transmission they receive in hours is a distress call telling them they have a bot down.

And now Ratchet is confronted with an unconscious and dying Willowisp.

Now, he emotionally distanced himself from the situation, despite the panic around him and in himself. There was work to be done.

Angelblade has finally broken into sobbing after the intense pressure. Shrek just up and disappeared into his berthroom for a while. Bumblemus is arguably the sanest at the moment, but she too is having a hard time.

Whirl… well he's doing his best. He's sitting in the medbay, watching as Ratchet and Jolt work hard to save his brother.

According to the medics, Wisp's condition is extremely fragile. They honestly don't know what the outcome will be.

For now, the mech remains unconscious and still with two medics fussing over him and keeping check on his vitals.

~~

//Mindscape//

Willowisp slowly opens his optics, staring up at an orange and golden sky. Like it's permanently stuck at sunset.

Taking in a slow vent, he sits up and looks around. Grass tickles his armor, drawing a giddy chuckle from the medic.

"Now what is this?" he questions out loud. "Maccadam, is this your doing?"

He gets a chuckle from the Prime as the familiar orange frame manifests before him. "Hello again, Willowisp," he greets.

Wisp rubs his optics and stands up. At least it's painless here. The last thing he remembers is incredible pain when Sentinel hit him.

"Why did you decide to bring me here? I'm assuming I'm unconscious at the moment."

Maccadam nods, a bit of a frown on his faceplate. "It was quite selfless of you to take the hit for your friend Angelblade. I had to know how you were faring."

Wisp snaps his helm up, optics widening. "Angel!" he exclaims, "--the others, are they alright?"

The Prime before him nods again, his expression turning around to a gentle smile. "Your companions are well, physically speaking."

"I need to wake up, I need to talk to them… apologize," Wisp rambles quickly, looking around as if there was a way out.

Maccadam walks towards Willowisp, setting a comfortable servo on his shoulder. "You can't. Not yet, at least. Your body needs time to heal, Willowisp."

The mech sighs and his helm droops in sadness. "You're right. But… I'm sure they're terrified right now."

"If it helps you, I can help you See," Maccadam replies.

"You… you mean I can use the Lenses to see what is happening right now?"

"Yes. But only see and hear. You won't be able to speak, move or interact in any other way. It's likely that the bots on the outside will not be aware that you can hear them. Do you want to try it?"

Willowisp nods quickly. "Please, I just– I need to know."

Maccadam gives him a reassuring smile. There is a brief glow and Wisp's visor clicks into place. The dreamscape disappears before his optics and is replaced by light and sounds.