Chapter 9

Ratchet works in the medbay, undisturbed. He's alone for a change. Willowisp got dragged out by Whirl for a flight so they could catch up, and Jolt is running errands.

The CMO is thankful for the peace. Moments like these are rare and he cherishes them. Or he would, normally.

For the past few days, Ratchet had felt weird. He and Wisp had quickly grown closer and it wasn't like he was oblivious to the other mech's behavior. He very well knew that something was up, but what? And now that feeling only worsened whenever they were together.

It was a feeling in his spark. It would swell every time he was around Wisp. As much as it made him feel uneasy, it also was a pleasant feeling.

He wants to spend more time with the helicopter medic, that's for sure.

After a while, Ratchet realizes that focusing on his work is near impossible. His mind keeps drifting to Wisp. He sighs, putting down what he was working on and dragging a servo across his faceplate in exasperation. This just won't do.

But for the love of Primus, he just can't get that mech out of his head. He needs someone to talk to about this.

His only logical option?

Angeblade.

~~

The femme in question is relaxing back against a tree, overlooking the outskirts of the island. She's absentmindedly staring off into the distance, datapad limply in one servo, resting in her lap. She started out reading it but gave in to watch her beautiful surroundings.

Angel turns her helm when she hears pedsteps approach, blinking her optics into focus. She hadn't expected to be found here.

Ratchet stands in front of her and he's looking defeated. That's not a look that the grumpy mech usually sports.

Angelblade perks up a little, shaking her helm to clear her thoughts. "Ratchet," she speaks, "hadn't expected to see you here."

The medic just shrugs. "It's not hard to locate you. I know your favorite spots."

Angel raises an optic ridge, a suspecting look on her faceplate. "Are you stalking me?" she asks.

"No! Of course not" Ratchet huffs, crossing his arms. "I got more important things to do."

"Does that imply that if you had the time, you would stalk me?"

Ratchet raises his arms above his helm, exasperated. "No, that's not what I- you know, never mind. That's not what I came here for."

"What did you come here for?" Angel's expression now turns into a questioning one.

Her brother sighs heavily. "I need some advice" Again, he sounds defeated.

The other gets even more suspicious. "Alright, spill the beans, then."

"I... erhm," he mutters. "It's regarding Willowisp."

The femme grins knowingly, patting the ground beside her, and inviting Ratchet to sit down. "Ooooh~? What about him?"

Ratchet already regrets coming to his sister about this, but relents and sits down, leaning back against the tree. He raises a servo to his faceplate again, groaning into it. He's trying his hardest to hide the flustered look.

"He's been acting weird lately."

Angel smirks a little bit. She knows her brother, he's trying to talk around the actual topic. Maybe he needs a little push.

"Ratchet, come on. That's not what you want to discuss, I can sense it."

"What? It's true!"

"I know that, but that's been obvious for a while now. This is something else."