Chapter 3- Green Eyes

It has been said, "time heals all
wounds." I do not agree.
The wounds remain. In time, the
mind, protecting its sanity,
covers them with scar tissue and
the pain lessens. But it is never
gone.

Felix
————

I hate going to school

But it is the one place I can escape from reality. My reality.

I only like Monday mornings. I'll get to seat at the back almost half of the day, and look at the view outside. It's very calming.

The only bad side of any morning is the waking up and getting ready part.

I couldn't sleep last night so I was up earlier than usual. I took a shower and got dressed. I looked over to my table looking at the AirPods and headphones, I grabbed the headphones and walk downstairs.

Sitting at the table is my uncle. He's a good person, one of the good adults I recognize in my life.

"Good morning uncle" I tell him quietly and he looks down from his paper and smile at me.

"Good morning Felix, you look merry this morning" he jokes and I roll my eyes at his sarcasm.

I ate breakfast served by the nanny, Margaret. The second good adult I recognize in my life.

Breakfast was simple bacon and eggs with toast and milk she forces me to drink everyday. I don't like it.

Unless with cookies..

"Thank you Margaret. Breakfast was delicious. Minus the milk" I tell her but kept the last part to myself. I don't want an earful from her this morning.

She smiled "I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now chop chop you're running late boy" she pushed me out the house.

I roll my eyes and walked to school. It's really not far from home. Thankfully.

I entered the building earlier than usual. There was no one in here which I'm very thankful for. I get time to myself before the majority arrives.

I entered the history class and took my seat at the back. I'm happy with this seat, it's close to a window and I get to see the tall trees outside. It's a beautiful sight.

I don't talk to people here. There's this one idiot who've known since we were kids but I don't talk to him either.

People caught on that I don't want to talk to them in this school and they've learnt not to talk to me either.