Chapter 18 - Distracted

Don't push it,
I'll throw hands if you
raise yours.

Rosy
—————

The door slams along with my heart as I enter the dark house

It's been like this for the past 3 days. I come home to no one. My 'parents' haven't been around which has put our plans at hold but I've been crossing paths with Judith a few times in the house and today at school.

She can fall to the ground and roll over and she still won't fool me. She's definitely not adopted. It was a made up story.

I walk up my room and take out the key from my bag and unlock it. I close it with the keys again after entering.

The day's events come crashing on me and a smile appears on my face. I fall back on the bad with a loud sigh thinking about Felix.

He didn't say anything after I kissed him....kissed him...I let out a giggle and squeal "goodness, what's happening to me" I get up and hold my warm cheeks in my hands.

After a few more minutes of nonsense fantasies, I got on my feet and head to shower.

Towel drying my hair, with my body wrapped in a towel, I heard commotion downstairs.

It didn't take long for the sound to come directly in front of my door but thank goodness I locked the door.

Loud banging started as I quickly got dressed in a crop top and pyjamas shorts "Rosy! Open this door!" Karen's voice boomed making my heart race.

With shaky hands I open the door and she barged in, a murderous look on her face. Her once pale and clear face now has wrinkles and fine lines, her eye bags purple and swollen.

Jesus, what has she been up to..

"Yes, mother" the plan is to act like I know nothing and act like everything is okay until they start talking.

They need the key before my eighteenth which is only a week away now or they'll lose everything, everything that rightfully belongs to me according to James and the will Uncle Adam showed us "where have you been?" She seethes and I tilt my head and pull out my bottom lip and raise my eyebrows, feigning confusion.

"I was at a friend's house, why? Are you okay? You don't look well" I step closer to her but she backed away.

"Cut the crap you little shit" if it were a week ago, I would've been hurt with that but now I'm just looking at her with amusement.

"What do you mean mother?" I press the recorder that is inside my pyjamas pocket that I had placed when getting dressed without her noticing.

"You have no idea how much I want to get rid of you, do you?" She lets out a manic laugh "what are you talking about?" I push her further. This might just be the evidence we need. My eyes meet the hidden camera on my lamp stand for a brief moment before meeting her eyes again.