Chapter 11 - Waltz

Sometimes I really hate the effect she has on me.

Felix
————

I absolutely hate having a cold and the perks that come with it

I can't feel my face and I'm burning up. I had woken up with a blocked nose, fever and a stupid headache. I went down for breakfast that tasted like shit in my mouth and I came back in my room.

It was early and despite my current state, I was thinking about the little shit and how she's doing. I now regret just a little bit not having her number.

My phone had buzzed nonstop till I picked up, knowing exactly who it was "Dude what the actual fuck! Why aren't you here? I can't find my munchkin either" I frown at his last sentence.

"She's not your fucking munchkin" my voice was hoarse and all but gone.

"Calm your tits lover boy. What happened yesterday anyway?" His question brought back memories I'm trying to forget because of how cringe it was.

I sneeze but answered "Rain" plainly.

"Right. Y'all have weak immune systems. Anyway, I'll send her number to you. I'm gonna call her now, you're boring and you sound like shit" he ends the call and I receive a ping soon after with her contact.

My Munchkin

Fuck him. I just tapped the contact and saved not feeling like changing it.

I felt my head ache and I closed my eyes going into another sleep before I could contemplate calling her.

———
I don't know how long I was asleep but I know it wasn't long.

It was literally just 15 minutes.

Reasons being 1) I'm sick and have a blocked nose which makes it hard for me to sleep properly 2) I wanted to know how she was doing so I couldn't sleep.

I took my phone. I looked at her contact for a pretty long time before pressing the FaceTime button. It's not because I wanted to see her or anything. I just wanted to know what she looks like right now. If she's also as sick as I am. That's about it.

It rang for awhile before my screen lights up. It took me a few seconds to register what I was looking at "hello?" Was she in the shower??

"Harper, are you in the shower right now?" I feel my cheeks and a lot of other places go warm at the thought.

Shit!

"Uh I'm uhm" she stutters. The echo making it very obvious that she is in fact in the shower. She must've thought it was a voice call.

I couldn't stay on the call "I'm sorry, I'll call back".

What the actual fuck! I need some water, my throat is too dry. I can't keep up with this bs.