Chapter 10 - Sick

You just don't appericate breathing out
of both nostrils until one
suddenly is taken away
from you.

Rosy
—————

I'm sick and I'm not gonna be at school for that audition

I came home dripping wet last night (that's what she said), with a cold. My parents are still not home, which is good, my brother left for college last week. Wherever my parents are, let them stay there, forever if possible.

Stella had freaked out when she saw me and gave me an earful before setting a steaming hot bath and some medicines. However I woke up with a fever and a blocked nose and terrible sneezing.

I looked terrible when I looked in the mirror. My hair was everywhere, I had huge eye bags and my nose and cheeks were extra red. Even my ears were hot and red.

I received the stink eye from my sister when I went downstairs before she left. We haven't said a word to each other since that day. Thank you Lord, truly.

I was currently in my room under the warm blanket with a thermometer in my mouth and Stella impatiently tapping her foot whiles waiting. She had called the school immediately after checking my temperature for the first time earlier. She took out the thermometer and shakes her head while scowling at me "Your temperature is still high. I'm bringing soup for you" she hurries outside and I let out a sigh.

It's still early so I grabbed a book to read but my phone buzzed making me groan "Hello" My voice is barely audible in my own ears "good heavens! What happened to your voice my munchkin?" It was Spencer.

"Sick" I manage to groan out and he sighs.

"You guys just had to get sick at the same time and stay home huh? I'm all alone in this school today. I had to sneak to the restroom to call you both" he whisper yells.

"Sorry. I didn't know Felix was also sick" I sneeze again "Ewe. Well he is and he sounds exactly the same as you. I gave him your number so you can comfort each other while at home" he was still whispering.

I didn't realise we've been hanging out a whole week without having each other's number. Thoughts of the audition finally occurred to me and I groan "oh no Spencer" I almost cried.

"What is it?" He asks quickly "the audition is today and I'm going to miss it" I sigh as I move under the covers even more.

"Right! I was about to remind you about that"

"It's okay. I'll sing at some other ...event" I sigh again.

"Oh no you don't. Don't worry, I'll think of something" the line starts to get shaky.