Chapter 13 - Discovery

Maybe meeting you wasn't a coincidence at all.

Felix
————

Did I have a big smile on my face after she left?

No. I did not.

I was just happy I didn't have an annoying cold to worry about.

Not about the stupid waltz dance I just did with a certain someone. Definitely not.

The house is now awfully quiet. I've been in this house alone so many times and I was used to the quiet but now that she was here, and her laugh was all over the place awhile ago, the silence is awfully weird and it annoys me.

I heave another sigh as I grab a mug and chamomile tea. Yes, I love tea more than coffee. Sue me.

I pour the hot water in the mug with some honey and take a sip.

I sigh again not having anything to do and then I remembered my conversation with Rosy about the similarity in our houses.

I placed the now empty mug down and grabbed my indoor slippers and a torch.

I make my way down to the attic. I've never been down there before and I've never seen my uncle go there either since we moved. That's a pretty long time ago.

I checked the light switch and- obviously it wasn't working- I don't know what I was expecting.

I open the attic door wider..

I put on the flashlight and sniff making sure my cold was actually gone.

Big mistake.

I let out a loud sneeze with me covering my nose with my arm. Thank goodness I'm wearing a hoodie.

The place was awfully dusty. Like it hasn't been cleaned and dusted in decades. And we haven't been here that long. I pointed the light around the huge room as I walk down the stairs.

I walked all the way down and did a brief look around. There were so many boxes scattered everywhere with labels on them.

I moved to a certain corner and grabbed a box. I placed the light down in a way that will illuminate the whole area.

I open the box and furrow my eyebrows as I take out a picture album. I open the album and my heartbeat sped up. It was a picture of my mom and a lady that looks exactly like Rosy. I don't know who the other lady is but there is no doubt she has some kind of connection to Rosy. The resemblance was frightening.