Chapter 16 - Truth

"I'll take my time getting sweet sweet revenge"

Rosy
—————

The news from Mr Wilson was horrifying and it made everything so much clearer

The first place my brain and heart suggests is where I find myself sobbing furiously and after a weak attempt of stopping the tears, I ring the front bell.

It takes a while before I hear shuffling behind the door. About a few seconds later, Felix opens the door.

His eyes went wide for a second, just staring at me. He holds my face in his warm hands while looking down at me with a frown "What happened?" Without thinking, I pushed my face in his chest and hugged him, he wrapped his arms around me, in a secure hug without asking any questions.

Few hours ago...

I clear my throat for the he nth time as I wait for Mr Wilson to bring the tea he offered.

He has to have answers and an explanation, I just know it. He's so clearly part of this whole mystery. He knows something and I'm going to find out about it.

He strolls out holding two cups of hot tea and cookies. This isn't a tea party but I'll let him be.

"Mr Wil-

"I know why you're here Rosy" he cuts me off rather abruptly with a small smile on his face as he hands me the tea which I took with a small smile.

"Who are you?" I don't bother wasting time either, since he didn't see a reason to do so.

"Short answer, I'm your Uncle" he puts the cup of tea down and his expression changes, causing his brows to knit together in a frown and I just stare at him.

I know what I was expecting. I kind of knew from the very first day I saw him to this very moment but hearing him say it..the emotions came with a bang, also known as tears.

"Please don't cry" his frown deepens "you will have to be strong Rosy" I can tell he wants to move closer but he decided against it.

"Your 'parents' at the moment aren't really your parents Rosy"

I look at him, not moving muscle with my mouth opened.

They weren't lying.

"I know this is huge but you need to know everything to prepare you for what's coming" he continues after assessing my reaction.

"What's coming?" I find the voice to ask him.

"Your 18th birthday" he says with a small smile.

"What does that mean?" I frown and seat on the edge of the chair, showing my curiosity.

"It means history is likely to repeat itself" he clenched his jaw and let out a breath "your so called parents murdered your real parents"

I dropped the cup I was holding, spilling the content on the floor. My hands were shaking and my heart was beating at an alarming rate.