1 - elena's birthday

| S03 E01 |

| S03 E01 |

The summer had gone by pretty fast after the painful of Klaus's arrival. Finally it was time for Leia's sisters eighteen birthday. Leia on Elena's birthday had awoken pretty late, these days she goes to sleep late and then tried to wake up the next morning and somehow she always did woke up before Elena came in with her awful welcome by opening the curtains of their windows.

She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth as Elena was waking up their brother with her usual wake up ritual as she tried to live with the fact that her boyfriend was gone.

Leia, especially, could see how Elena tried to show smile to be siblings, but Leia wasn't stupid and she could see through it pretty easily.

Leia was done with her usual morning things when she walked down stairs, where Elena just had gotten off of the phone with Caroline.

"Ugh!" Elena sighed.

"Was that uh...Stefan news?" Alaric asked, hesitantly while making the couch he slept on. He still was sleeping on the couch after Jenna's death.

Leia strided into the kitchen making them both look at her. "Before we start the day in bad news." Leia smiled and pulled Elena into a hug, wrapping her hands around Elena as she felt Elena do the same.

Leia knew that moment Stefan was involved into a conversation it would go south really fast. Leia was sad to see Elena grasp to the small hope that Stefan may come back.

"Happy birthday, sis."

Elena smiled before pulling out of the hug. "Thank you." Elena loved her sister a lot. Leia always had smile on her smile. Elena was into finding Stefan that she couldn't even imagine that behind a smile hid a lot more things.

"Before you can ruin your day, I will warn you." Leia looked serious for moment before breaking into a smile. "You will try to enjoy your day as will I, because as much you don't like this. Stefan would like you to enjoy your birthday day. We all need a break. So try, for me."

"I will try." Elena nodded with a small smile.

"You will be doing it, not trying. I refuse let Klaus ruin your birthday as he did mine." Leia stated sternly.

Alaric and Elena immediately gave Leia looks of sympathy, which Leia ignored. She didn't need them. She wanted to continue to wallow in silence and with a smile on her face.

Klaus's ritual was the day that Leia turned nineteen, although she goes the same grade that the rest of them go. She was held back one year in kindergarten, because of speech problems.

Leia waved off their looks and declared. "I'm over it so, stop it. This day is not about me, but about my beautiful sister." She changed the subject. She didn't like to be in the spotlight.