5 - trinket

| S01 E06 |

| S01 E06 |

Elijah was back.

Yesterday while Rebekah went with Hayley and Sophie to Bayou to gather some witches remains and Hayley wanted to go with Sophie and find her family.

All while they were in Bayou, Elijah found his way back and Leia even saw how Hayley slapped him, Leia cheered for her.

Next morning everyone one was tense, because Elijah still was bitter about being daggered and given to Marcel and Klaus hated it, he tried to make his brother forgive him.

Leia with Rebekah went into the room, where Elijah and Klaus were siting in front of each other and reading books.

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?" Rebekah asked annoyed as Leia went to sit next to Klaus on couch.

Klaus continued reading, but not before smiling at Leia who sat down, "Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?"

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus." Elijah answered.

"And what's this business?" Rebekah gestured to the dead girl on the table making Leia to look at that too.

"Oh my god, ew." Leia scrunched up her face making Klaus chuckle and even Elijah cracked a little amused smile.

"You should be used to this now, that you are apart from this family now." Klaus said to her.

"This is a—" Elijah gestured as though he's searching for a word, "—peace offering."

Now Leia was laughing at Klaus, who playfully glared at her.

Klaus sighed, "I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish."

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth." Elijah said making Klaus roll his eyes guiltily.

Elijah gestured to the girl on the table again, "Not this nonsense."

"Well, I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" Klaus asked grinning as he looked at Leia, who made a disgusted expression.

"Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet." Rebekah was annoyed and before she went out of the room, she placed a kiss to Leia's cheek.

Elijah looked up from his book to see the girl bleeding out onto the table, where the blood dripped onto the floor, "Ah, yes." Elijah said unbothered.

Leia shook her head.

Rebekah scrubbed at the bloodstains in the carpet while Klaus continued to read "A Poison Tree." book. Leia continued to sit next to him, bored.