Chapter 32 : Title Below

Looking past the tree to the left, one could see the extensive river glistening due to the sunlight, and beyond it seemed to be surrounded by a wall of woods. Meanwhile, on the right was a huge garden filled with a lot of exotic flowers of various colors along with a lot of sculptures placed in various corners.

At the end of the road, there was a big fountain and a beautiful stone mega mansion finally came into full view.

Seeing this familiar building, Cain involuntarily gave an audible sigh as he gave a slight shake of his head.

The first time he saw this place he was in awe and envied Old Ming for living in this kind of avant-garde place but later on, he realized that he was gravely wrong. 

The surface was beautiful but underneath was ugly.

In the end, Cain gave one last cursory glance toward the mansion before retracting his gaze to focus on the people outside the building instead.

As the black BMW slowly stopped near the staircase, a row of men in black suits was seen standing behind a tall man with Hazel eyes and dark blond hair wearing gold-rimmed glasses who stepped forward to welcome Cain after the latter had gotten out of the car.

This man was none other than Xia who was previously Xu Ming’s right-hand man, the one that talked with Cain previously.

Xia politely bowed as he gave an inviting gesture with his right hand while informing the latter in a flat tone, ‘’Mr. Reeve, Old Master is waiting for you in his study.’’

Unhurriedly buttoning up his suit jacket, Cain gave a casual nod before taking the lead to climb the stairs without even exchanging any pleasantries. 

In the past, Cain used to drop by a lot of times, especially after Xu Ming’s death, therefore, it was not out of place for him to appear at this moment. 

Nevertheless, Cain still did not understand why the Old Master leaked the news to him via Xia.

No matter how close he was to Xu Ming, the Old Master wouldn’t trust him enough to reveal his weakness to him just like this so there was an ulterior motive.

Or perhaps he was faking his illness?

At the thought of this, Cain slightly lowered his head to hide his thoughtful expression from the security camera.

Cain was not worried that the Old Master tricked him into coming here since after all Xu Ming did not stop or warn him during their previous conversation.

He simply wanted to know more about Xu Ming’s matter or else he didn’t want to meet with that cold-blooded old man who did not even frown upon hearing about his son’s death.

Back to the present, not long after, Cain and the entourage finally arrived in front of the study to which Xia went slightly knocked on the door,’’ Old Master, Mr. Reeve has arrived.’’

A moment later, a light voice unhurriedly sounded from the inside,’’ Let him in.’’

With his permission, Cain opened the door before entering alone. Only after the door was closed did the person in the room who was sitting on the swirling chair slowly turn around to face him.

The Old Master was an authentic Chinese but he was born and raised here, therefore, his looks gave off a Western feeling than the East.

His gray hair was neatly combed back showing off his prominent forehead, and his pair of long narrowed eyes were sharp as if he could see through your mind with just one glance that’s why not a lot of people would dare to look straight at them.

Nevertheless, the years had left traces on his features causing his appearance not to be as dashing as he used to be but one would know right away that he was extremely handsome at his young age.