Chapter 40 : A Bad Dream Or A Good Nightmare? (2)

Xu Qin felt like he had just closed his eyes to rest for a short while before being startled awake by the slamming of the metal door.

Once again, the dirty and ugly monster which was similar to a beast appeared within the room as it walked in his direction.

Xu Qin subconsciously recalled its beatings so his heart began to beat out of anxiety as his whole body was quivering.

Please, don't come, don't come…

While his mind was in a state of disorder, suddenly, long strands of black hair softly tickled his left cheek as a calm voice whispered in his ear, " Wait here, I will be quick."

After saying this, the person put her hand under the back of his head before moving her legs away as she slowly rested his head on the floor.

Xu Qin could not understand her words and before he could open his mouth to ask, the monster suddenly stopped in front of them. It proceeded to grab that person's arm before forcefully dragging her out of the room.

" Stop! Don’t take her away! Please, I am begging you!!"

Of course, no matter how much he shouted the only answer he got was the slamming of the door and once again his world plunged into darkness.

Xu Qin had always been more mature than his peers and even facing this predicament he did not shed a single tear since he knew that it was useless in doing so.

However, at this moment, Xu Qin was scared out of his wit thinking of what might have happened to that older sister.

Right… How did she manage to get her hands on food and medicine for him?

Did she promise them something?

Despite being 10 years old, Xu Qin was after all a smart kid so he couldn't help but think of the worst-case scenario which caused his lips to tremble and tears slowly roll down his cheeks.

" Anybody… Anybody is fine, please come and save us…"

Xu Qin desperately begged and begged but as expected, no one came.

He cried until he was out of breath and started to feel dizzy due to his fever as his head throbbed in pain due to headache.

However, even if that were to be the case, he kept his eyes open as he stubbornly fixed his gaze on the door.

Waiting for that person to be back.

Time seemed to pass slowly. By the time Xu Qin almost passed out, a gunshot abruptly rang out startling him awake.

Followed after, a fierce fight seemed to be broken outside the door causing everyone in the room to cry out and huddle together in fear.

Quite some time passed and the outside abruptly quietened down once again.

Not before long the closed door was slowly opened as the light started to penetrate the dark room.

The light from the outside was so blinding that Xu Qin was forced to squint his eyes and he could only make out that person's silhouette.

Nevertheless, this person was much shorter and smaller than those monsters which caused Xu Qin's heart to beat fiercely but this time it was due to happiness.

"Jiejie!"

Xu Qin called out to the other person but the latter only answered with a light sigh a few seconds later.

" I am here, stop calling."

Knowing that it was indeed her, Xu Qin smiled out of joy but his expression stiffened the moment she stepped out of the light.