Chapter 35 : Unexpected Surprise

At this moment, Xu Ming was genuinely confused by Cain’s question, his brows involuntarily knitted together as he returned the question in puzzlement,’’ Xu Yao helped Xu Qin in the past?’’

As Xu Ming put down this question, he also quickly went through his memories to make sure whether he did miss something crucial or not but to his surprise, Cain suddenly shook his head in return.

Due to this reaction, Xu Ming’s frown became even deeper.

Was it from the previous generation then?

Meanwhile, Cain who saw that Xu Ming was completely clueless couldn’t help but shake his head from side to side, he gave a helpless sigh before pointing out in a loud voice, ’’ It’s you, You!’’

Hearing this kind of nonsense, Xu Ming was at a loss for words.

With Xu Qin’s appearance and temperament, had he met him in the past Xu Ming couldn’t forget him even if he had a bad memory, therefore, he excluded himself from the beginning.

Be that as it may, Cain wouldn’t joke around like this if he was not sure, therefore, Xu Ming was inclined to believe that it was his fault that he couldn’t remember Xu Qin for some reason.

With furrowed brows on his face, Xu Ming demanded,’’ Explain.’’

To his reply, Cain gave a light shrug, ‘’ Well… It was to be expected for you not to remember.’’

Cain understandably nodded his head as he leaned against Xu Ming’s car with his hands leisurely crossed over his chest, he continued, ‘’ Remember when we were 14 years old, the Skull Organization’s incident?’’

Since Xu Ming wanted to whitewash his hands, he had long gone to cooperate with the government behind the scenes and helped them do some cleaning work.

In another word, he was a traitor to the underworld that’s why he needed to tread carefully lest he overturned both sides.

Skull was one of the tumors that the government wanted to get rid of and finally, they caught wind of their human trafficking so the matter fell into Xu Ming’s hands to help find their hideouts.

At that time, Xu Ming was still a teenager and since he was low-key, not a lot of people knew what he looked like so he voluntarily pretended to be captured just so that he could be led to where the victims were held.

It was daring but it worked so Xu Ming did not take things too seriously and left Cain to deal with the aftermath.

However, now that Cain brought up this matter once again, a certain memory that was buried deep in the corner slowly resurfaced in Xu Ming’s mind.

On rare occasions, Xu Ming’s eyes slightly widened as he unconsciously muttered under his breath,’’ Don’t tell me…’’

Seeing that Xu Ming had figured out the matter of the past, Cain straightened his posture before giving a light pat on Xu Ming’s shoulder.

’’ Just in case, you should look out for Xu Qin lest Xu Yao did approach him. However, I might be overthinking since Xu Yao just accidentally overheard me mention this matter back then so he might not remember. Okay, I will be off now.’’

Truth be told, Cain figured out this matter the moment he met Xu Ming and Xu Mei at the shopping mall back then. That's why he felt incredulous over meeting the same Xu as back then.

If not for Xu Ming forbidding him to talk about that matter, he would be teasing him since a long time ago.

Like " Wow, you two are meant to be together!"