Chapter 28: Another Peaceful Day

After walking out of the room Xu Ming happened to meet Xu Mei for who knew when did she arrive in front of the door.

For a moment there, Xu Ming unconsciously paused as he had a brief thought of whether the little girl overheard their conversation or not.

However, almost instantly he became sobered since there was no way she could eavesdrop on their conversation from the outside.

With nothing to get worried about, Xu Ming habitually bent down to pick up the little girl and lightly asked in a nonchalant tone,’’Why are you here?’’

However, instead of answering his question Xu Mei timidly questioned,’’...Did Mommy have a fight with Daddy?’’

Xu Ming briefly recalled their previous conversation before decisively replying,’’No.’’

Nevertheless, he was curious about how the little girl arrived at that conclusion so he returned the question,’’Why think so?’’

Being asked by her mother, Xu Mei unconsciously lowered her head and suddenly went silent for a while before softly responding,’’...You seem unwell.’’

Hearing this kind of answer, Xu Ming was momentarily stunned since he did not expect her to see through his facade.

But then again, having been together with that kind of mother, it was no wonder that she was more sensitive toward others' emotions.

At this thought, Xu Ming simply gave a light sigh before unhurriedly saying,’’Your father and I have always worn this unwell face every day so it’s nothing new.’’

Upon hearing this, Xu Mei immediately retorted,’’No, I don’t think so!’’

With her answer, Xu Ming slightly raised his brows,’’Oh?’’

Seeing that her mother did not seem to believe her words, Xu Mei further explained,’’Daddy is just like a polar bear, he looks intimidating and big but when you cuddle him, he is really warm and soft. As for mommy, you just like a black cat who looks unfriendly and will scratch you but will silently stay beside me and let me pat you! Both of you are not scary like others said at all!’’

After listening to this, Xu Ming momentarily went silent since he did not expect to hear this kind of comparison especially about himself.

Back then no one would be in their right minds to think like this of him.

Soon a moment later, Xu Ming suddenly recalled something and thus asked,’’Is this why you pick polar bear and black cat dolls at the amusement park back then?’’

To his reply, Xu Mei happily nodded her head.

Being intrigued by her thinking, Xu Ming continued to ask while carrying her downstairs,’’What about others?’’

Xu Mei pondered for a bit before warily saying,’’You can’t tell this to them, okay?’’

Then only after seeing her mother replied with a nod did she confidently say,’’Uncle is a crane fly since he mostly appears around the late winter or early spring, Aunty is a monkey because she behaves like one!’’

‘’Grandpa is a golden retriever, his face seems to always be smiling and he is obedient around Grandma! Grandma is a peacock, she likes to show off! Meanwhile, Great-grandpa is an elephant, he is big and intimidating but he afraid of a mouse!’’

Nodding his head while listening to her words Xu Ming offhandedly said,’’Say about your father again.’’

Not knowing why Xu Mei did as told to which Xu Ming suddenly took out his phone from his pants’ pocket and clicked the stop recording button on the screen.