Chapter 27: Title Below

Glancing at his wristwatch, Xu Ming silently got up.

Grandpa Xu almost blurted out a question asking where she was going when the drama just reached its climax but he lightly snorted and refocused on his drama.

However, even though it was to be the case he still unconsciously looked at Xu Ming out of the corner of his eyes so he inevitably saw that he was walking in the women's group direction then bent down to take the little girl into his arms.

Currently, it was 9 o'clock which was Xu Mei's time to go to sleep so the little girl already began to nod off but since today, it was quite lively, unlike usual day she stubbornly fought against her sleepiness and opened her eyes wide open so that the adults around her wouldn't rush her to the bed.

Unfortunately, toward her mother, she wouldn't take no for the answer and immediately took her back to her bedroom.

Grandpa Xu briefly glanced at their direction one more time and finally no longer looked back.

After Xu Ming put the little girl to sleep, he went to take a shower and changed into his pajamas.

Xu Ming went to sit down on the sofa with the laptop on top of his lap, ready to do some unfinished work of his.

Soon afterward, only the sounds of the knocking on the keyboard was heard inside the room.

Some time passed and Xu Ming was about to close the laptop when all of a sudden, a soft knock sounded from the door.

He calmly shut down the laptop before unhurriedly went to open the door.

There stood Xu Qin who was still in his normal clothes. Because Xu Ming turned off the light in the room leaving only the table lamp on, at this moment, Xu Qin's shadow shrouded all over his body.

Due to the close distance between the two, Xu Ming needed to lift his head to look at the man who was much taller than him. He slightly knitted his brows upon smelling the alcohol coming off from him.

He did not hate this smell but he simply thought that it would be uncomfortable for children.

He used to hate this smell coming off from his mother as well when he was young.

''Do you need something?''Asked Xu Ming.

Xu Qin had high alcohol tolerance so even though he had already drunk a lot, he could still think straight, he casually asked,''Mei'er is already asleep?''

Xu Ming lightly hummed in agreement.

Seeing that there was no follow up conversation, Xu Qin suddenly felt a bit frustrated about not knowing what next to say.

Seeing that the man had nothing more to say, Xu Ming put his hand on the door intending to close it,''If there nothing else-"

Knowing that she was about to shut the door, Xu Qin hurriedly held the door with his right hand and said in a haste,''I am also sleeping here!''

So why are you shutting me out?

Hearing this, Xu Ming merely lifted his eyes to look at the man before peeled off his fingers from the door as he coldly said,''Stink.''

Because he was caught off guard, Xu Qin's hand could be easily removed by Xu Ming causing the latter to successfully close the door shut.

Xu Qin stood in front of the door in perplex before he involuntarily sniffed his shirt.

Indeed, he carried the smell of alcohol but it was not that heavy to the point of being called stink...

Nevertheless, Xu Qin quickly went back to take a bath and made sure to thoroughly wash himself to get rid of the smell of alcohol.