ep 02; last warning

"I still can't believe that he left you just like that without doing anything." Isabell said as she took a seat on one of the empty tables in cafeteria.

"let me remind you. he did something. he called me stupid. can you believe that?" y/n scoffed as she got flashbacks of his exact words.

"that's the thing. he only called you stupid. nothing else. it is really suspicious considering how he acted the other day."

Isabell has filled y/n out with every missing details of that day and jungkook's behaviour on their way to the cafeteria. yet y/n was so not ready to believe that jungkook did something like that. she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"he must have been in a bad mood that day and probably that kid must have pushed some of his buttons and you know what happened after..."

"bad mood my ass. I can assure you that he is not normal. the way he choked that poor kid is not normal y/n."

"you are overthinking. as a matter of fact everyone is. he seems pretty normal to me."

"does that seem normal to you?" letting out a sigh Isabell asked pointing at a table behind y/n.

y/n looked back following Isabell's gaze. there he was eating his lunch all alone just like he wanted. the only thing around him was his usual dark and mysterious aura. nobody even dared to talk to him or go near him after that day. being a son of a famous businessman he had the power to do anything to make their lives miserable. just one call and they would be jobless for their entire life.

"look at his eyes, they are really cold. he clearly doesn't want anyone to bother him. yet why did he let you go that easily?" Isabell continued while munching on her food.

"if he didn't lose a screw or two the only possible explanation for his behaviour is love." Isabell continued to explain her thoughts on this matter.

but y/n didn't seem to hear any of that. she was just lost in him. lost in his thoughts. she wondered what made others so afraid of him. sure he was rude. she would agree with that. but maybe he has a story behind his rudeness. no one knows. everyone seemed to judge him so quickly and throw him into the 'bad boy' category just like trash.

but something inside of y/n said that he is much more than what he wanted others to see. his eyes, she just couldn't forget the soft look they held for a split of a second that day. her eyes may have deceived her to see that. yet she believed otherwise. he did hold that softest and most vulnerable look in his eyes for a small amount of time that made her heart beat in a way she has never experienced.

the words of Isabell continued to disappear into the air without reaching y/n's ears. but y/n couldn't stare at jungkook anymore longer with that soft gaze. her eyes almost popped out of her eye sockets by the look jungkook gave her. he suddenly looked up from his food and looked straightly in her direction as if he already knew what she was doing.

y/n's heart didn't seem to slow down its pace. instead, it slowly increased in a way that sent butterflies in her stomach. she has always read about those things, yet experiencing it in real life was different. it was much better than she has imagined it to be. his eyes didn't leave hers even for a second. he kept staring into her soul with his dark gaze. it was hard to read him. but those eyes, y/n just couldn't get enough of them. 

"but is it possible for a guy like that to feel love? I mean, it's love at first sight, we are talking about!" Isabell looked at y/n after realizing that she was the only one who did the talking all along. and her eyes instantly caught on to what was going on. and she panicked. despite her explanations and theories, she did not want y/n to end up in a messed-up situation.