ep 14; not your fault

"did you have anything to with his sister's death?"

taehyung was dreaded. he was too shocked even to react. she knows. she knows. what that asshole of jungkook had done? no. no. how the hell was he supposed to answer this? would she understand if he tells that it was not his fault? but then again anyone could misunderstand what happened that day. including his little princess. just what the heck he was supposed to say!!! he just couldn't bring himself to expose the real reason why it was not his fault. he made a promise. a fucking useless promise he still keeps to this very day.

y/n stared into taehyung's eyes with fear. but she wanted to know. she wanted to get rid of the guilty feeling that was eating her up. she believed in taehyung. there was no way he could harm anyone. her sweet big brother. she wanted to believe him. but there was a small part of her, in the back of her head that kept repeating she was wrong. that she was being lied to. that she was being stupid enough to believe them. 

so she desperately searched taehyung's eyes for that single drop of hope. the single hope that would make her sigh in relief. that would make all of her worries absurdly ridiculous. but no. there was none. her heart dropped seeing those empty eyes that were panicking instead of assuring the hell out of her. no. no. this couldn't be happening. there was no way. no. there had to be something wrong. NO. definitely, there was something wrong. taehyung was not the type of person who is cruel or arrogant. it just couldn't be. 

but why? why there was a different marathon of emotions running around in his eyes? panic. fear. guilt. pain. why?

"no... it can't be... it just... can't... YOU JUST CAN'T!!" y/n panicked.

"princess..." 

"NO! stop. don't call me that. just tell me I am wrong. tell me that I am mistaken. tell me that I am delusional. JUST TELL ME THAT I AM FUCKING STUPID TO THINK LIKE THAT!! please... tell me... please..." the tears that y/n was trying so hard to keep under bay started flowing down her pale cheeks.

y/n couldn't understand why taehyung wasn't denying her accusations. why wasn't he yelling at her for speaking nonsense? why wasn't he knocking some sense into her stupid brain instead of standing there like a statue? WHY? JUST WHY???

her knees gave up on her bringing her down to the cold floor. she was too broken. it was all along her. she was the one who was hurting jungkook. how the hell he came to love her? did she even deserve his love? it was her fault. how was she going to face him again? it might not be possible anymore. the guilt was eating her up. she did not deserve to be on the receiving end of his love. she snatched his lovely sister away from his life. 

taehyung couldn't watch anymore. his little princess was breaking apart right in front of him. he felt like his heart was being torn away from his body watching her small figure curling up on the floor. shaking and trembling from the heaviness of her tears. 

taehyung took small steps and crouched down in front of her small shaking figure. her hands were hiding her beautiful pale face away from the world. away from him. it was just too much to bear. taehyung felt the guilt creeping up on his body. for something that he didn't even do. all because of that jungkook and his damn family.

"princess..." taehyung placed his hands on her shoulders trying to get her attention. he wanted to explain things. he wanted her to know that there was more to the story. he wanted to know that it was not his fault. he just wanted her to know.

but it was too late. y/n yanked his hands away. she didn't want his touch. not anymore. she felt disgusted. how could he? how could he be that cruel? how could he do that to another girl? she had enough.

"do. not. touch. me." y/n gritted out.

taehyung froze on his spot. the hurt was well written on his face. his princess rejected his touch for the very first time. she didn't even reject him after gaining consciousness from her coma, even if she didn't have a single memory of him remaining with her. but right now. she rejected him. all because of that damn jungkook.