ep 12; encounter

the quiet atmosphere around the university was really an unusual thing to witness especially when it was almost at the end of the day. students would be buzzing and goofing around with each other trying to figure out their plans for the rest of the evening. but right now y/n couldn't find a single soul other than the couple of students who had happened to pass by her. it was giving her an eerie vibe to the point she had to rub her forearms in order to reduce the rising goosebumps on her skin. her gut feeling was screaming at her, that there was something coming, something that was going to turn her life around.

but completely ignoring those feelings y/n focused on where she was going. a happy and exciting feeling bubbled up from her stomach at the reminder of seeing him. it had been months since she had last seen him and no words could explain how much she missed him. if it wasn't for him she didn't know how was she going to hold on to life this far. but that excitement toned down at the reminder of her previous memories at the library. 

jungkook. he was acting weird. he had been fine all along, but suddenly something snapped in him. suddenly she had lost him for some time. y/n couldn't really pinpoint what happened or what caused that behaviour. but she knew that something was wrong and he purposefully distracted her from knowing whatever it was.

.

"... y/n taehyung is here."

a wide smile decorated y/n's lips after hearing his name. out of all the things that would make her heart jump in surprise and giddiness, the only thing she didn't expect was him. he was not supposed to come for another week or two. but she could never complain about that because she loved this surprise. he was finally here. withing her arms reach. 

and the first person she turned to share this special happy moment with was jungkook. she was dancing with the giddiness of introducing jungkook to him. the thought alone made a smile appear on her face. she knew. that they would make a perfect bro duo. 

but these trains of thoughts couldn't really travel so far. it was cut short by the steel grip jungkook had on her hand. he was holding her hand with all his might. if he continued to hold her hand like that it was surely going to leave a bruise on her hand. but it appeared that he was not aware of his own actions. his eyes were dark and unfocused. his jaws were clenched like he was mad. "kook what happened?" 

silence. there was no answer. instead, his grip on her tightened more causing y/n to wince at the sudden pain that shot through her hand. "jungkook you are hurting me..." 

that's all it took him to come back to his senses, immediately releasing her hands. a guilty look plastered on his face. the dark and mad gaze was nowhere to be found. "oh, I- sorry... god... I am really sorry bambi... shit... I didn't mean to hurt you..." jungkook started rambling while trying to soothe her pain by taking her hands back on his. his thumbs continued to rub on the place where he held onto tightly.

"hey, it's okay. but what happened? you were lost for some time." y/n was really curious about what made him this restless. he was totally fine a minute ago. so what was this sudden change of behaviour?

"huh?" jungkook had to pause his brain to really process her words. he was too caught up with the guilt of unintentionally hurting her.

"what made you so antsy?" y/n asked with concerned eyes.

"antsy? nothing could make me antsy baby." jungkook replied with a cocky tone. and he was back. jungkook was back.

"then what was that?" y/n pressed understanding that she was not going to get the answers she wanted.

"what was what?" jungkook asked playing dumb.

y/n rolled her eyes clearly knowing his tricks to which jungkook's face lit up with a cheeky smile. "by the way, who is this taehyung dude?" jungkook asked changing subjects.