C h a p t e r T h r e e

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

・✭・゜・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

Sophia

"How was it spending time with your mom and catching up with everyone?" Enid asks. I look over and smile at the memories of yesterday.

"It was really fun. You should've come in with me. Why did you leave anyways? I know that you were lying when you told Carl that you had chores, because you did them yesterday. He thinks you hate him." I chuckle, remembering our conversation. She suddenly starts to avoid eye contact and look outside the window besides the bed.

"He told you that?" I nod even though she can't see me.

"Yeah, he was pretty bummed when you left. Don't tel him that I told you though." She quickly turns back to me and examines my face to see if i'm lying.

"Why?" She finally asks. I shrug and pretend to be oblivious.

"I don't know. Maybe he's into you. You guys would actually be a cute couple! He's a good guy- way better than Ron." She chuckles.

"Ron's not a bad guy." I narrow my gaze jokingly.

"He's not a great guy either. I think that you should be with a guy that is, and that's Carl. You guys are literally perfect for each other." She looks back up at me, her cheeks tinted pink.

"He probably doesn't even like me. I can try to be his friend, to fit in with the rest of them, but that doesn't mean that they'll see me as one of you." My brows furrowed.

"Why do you think that they won't accept you? As far as I know, they already like you. They know that you're not an Alexandria. That you're not weak like them. Maggie actually told me that she'd like to see you around more and actually get to know you." Her face softens a bit and she smiles softly.

"Really?" She almost whispers. I smile back reassuringly.

"Yeah, especially after all the raving me and Carl did about you!" She laughs and shakes her head, leaning her head against her knees that she held up against her chest.

"You'll see. I'm bringing you over tomorrow, and you'll get the chance to know them all. I'm still getting to know a lot of them myself, so you won't be alone. If they accepted me the second they saw me, they'll accept you just fine." She continues to smiles softly at me.

"Thanks Soph." I shrug.

"It's what friends are for. Now, i'm gonna head to bed. See ya in the morning!" I hop up off of the bed and leave to my room without saying anything else.

I'm actually excited for tomorrow!

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.