C h a p t e r F i f t e e n

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

・✭・゜・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

Sophia

Benjamin is annoying.

I can't stand him. Any of them actually. Anyone from the Kingdom.

Mom told them all to leave us alone yet here they come, every couple of hours of every day, marching up to the house with some new 'offering'.

The kitchen table is covered in overflowing baskets of fruit. We have several cases of water. A stack of boxes filled with ammo. And yet, they still find new reasons to visit. To stop by and say hello like friendly neighbors.

It reminds me of being back home. In our 'perfect neighborhood' where it was similar to Alexandria. Kids running up and down the streets playing- something I was rarely allowed to do because Dad didn't want me leaving the house. The other housewives on our block who'd sit on their porches watching the kids play and would visit Mom at the house with various casseroles while Dad was at work. It was always a poor attempt to make up for the guilt they felt in knowing what Dad was doing us is, but never actually doing anything to help.

I always hated them all. I hated those stupid moms who acted like nothing was happening but would look at me with pitiful eyes. I hated those stupid kids who's dads don't beat them or touch them.

I look to Mom from the couch and give her a 'do we answer the door?' kind of look. She sighs from her spot in the kitchen where she's leaning against the counter and eating an apple.

Mom's been healing good. She had to take it easy, which she hasn't really been doing, but her wounds closed up at least. She still insists on doing patrols through the forest and doing chores around the cabin.

We haven't talked though. About why she left in the first place and what her plan was. Or about why she left me behind. I haven't wanted to upset her while she was steal heal her and risk any setbacks. The sooner we can get back to Alexandria, the better.

Though, I have started to like it out here in the cabin. It's been about a week and it's been nice. Calm. Just the two of us in a cute little cabin. It's something that I used to dream about as a little girl when i'd be hiding under my covers from the boogie man that also went by the name of 'dad'.

I am worried though. Mom told Morgan to tell everyone that we're gone and to not come see us. I don't want the others to worry or think we're dead. Not again.

I don't know if she's even planning to go back or not. Every time I mention it she stayed quiet- not that she's been talking to me much in the first place.