C h a p t e r T w e l v e

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

・✭・゜・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

E n i d

"Hey, what's wrong? You've barley said a word all day." Beth questions skeptically. She puts the her half-finished sweater and crochet hook down on the table besides the big ball of yarn.

"Yeah, you're quiet, but not this quiet. Did something happen?" Maggie's green eyes show worry from across the table.

For the past two hours we've been sitting in their dining room crocheting clothes for the approaching winter since warmer clothes are getting harder and harder to scavenge. Especially for Judith.

That's where Beth got the idea to make our own clothes. She had asked Glenn and Tara to bring back whatever fabrics, needles, thread, yarn, and crochet hooks they could find and has been been making everyone clothes since.

I look up at them and shake my head.

I haven't told anyone besides Sophia what happened with Carl. She wasn't too pleased and I don't want anyone to be mad at him. I know he didn't mean any harm, he's just been tense lately.

What hurt is the fact that he thinks I don't understand. He doesn't understand that I was out there too- on my own for so long. At least he had his group, his family. I didn't. My parents were ripped away from me and had to put them down after. There was barley enough of them left, so when they turned all they could do was raise their arms and chomp their teeth.

I don't blame him for the bruise. It was a dumb argument and he didn't mean to do it. He was just trying to get me to listen and protect me. Sophia was pissed though- hence why I don't want to tell anyone else.

I'm nervous that she went off on him after i'd composed myself and told her I'd meet with Maggie and Beth. She liked the idea of me spending time with them, but I also think she was glad she had the opportunity to find him.

"No, i'm fine." I brush them off, looking back down to the small baby blanket I was making for Judith.

"Liar." Beth scoffs, furrowing her brows.

My lips press together, not knowing how to respond. When I finally do open my mouth to say something, I can hear the front door opening and closing and footsteps in the other room.

We all turn to look into the hallway to see who it was before Maggie speaks up.

"I forgot that Carl was gonna bring Judith over for a while. I said i'd watch her since we aren't doin too much. The only other person who's be home to watch her was Carl, so... you know." She remembers.