C h a p t e r F i v e

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

・✭・゜・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

Enid

"What the hell was that?!" I'm awoken from my sleep by a loud gunshot. It was just loud enough to tell that it came from inside the walls. Inside Alexandria.

I immediately sit up, trying to process what's happening. It appears the Carl and Sophia are awake and alert now as well.

'Thank god they're not mentioning anything about me falling asleep on Carl's shoulder.'

"I don't know." Soph answers him, getting up from the couch, and rushing over to the window. Carl gets up and follows her, while I just stand in the middle of the living room.

"Why was there only one?" He narrows his gaze at the window.

"Should we check it out?" Soph turns to look between us. She looks conflicted.

"No. We have to stay here with Judith." Carl answers sternly, not looking away from the slightly parted curtains.

"We can't just sit here, what if something happened?!" Sophia looks nervous. I'm sure I do too. I've never had confrontation like this before. If things end up
bad, things could get ugly very quickly- if they haven't already.

I've heard about the war that Rick's group fought with the Governor, and their stand offs with Terminus and countless others. All of which they've clearly won.

"Then we'll need to protect her and stay where they told us to stay. If they can't find us, it could work against them." Carl explains, closing the curtains and turning around to face us. "We have our knives. It's not as good as guns, but it's better than nothing. I'm sure the people here can't even use them." He pulls his bowie knife from its leather sheath and turns back to the window.

Sophia and I grab our knives as well, spreading out to stand guard at the different doors of the house incase anyone tries to come in.

"They're back!" Carl calls out, quickly jogging over to the front door, and letting Rick, Carol, Maggie, Abraham, Rosita, Michonne, Eugene, Sasha, and Glenn all file into the room. They look exhausted and all have straight faces, it's kind of hard to read what exactly they are thinking.

"What happened? We heard the gunshot." Carl speaks after a moment of silence.

"Pete, he..." Rick hesitated, not really knowing what to say. "He killed Reg. I had to put him down." His hands were on his hips and his head was tilted just a bit.