C h a p t e r N i n e

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

・✭・゜・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

C a r l

"We're gonna need bedsheets! Enough for everyone."

Sophia went to tend to Judith in the other room, while Dad and Michonne drag the two walkers up the stairs onto the landing.

I immediately know what he's planning on doing, and my heart sinks to my stomach.

I've never done this before, but i've heard about Carol, Glenn, and my dad doing it, and it worked for all of them.

It's still going to be scary walking through such a big hoard of walkers, especially with Judith, but I have to be strong.

"Bed sheets for what?" Jessie asks, looking over the bodies wearily.

"We all go to the armory." Dad answers.

"How?" She asks. She looks totally lost and in disbelief.

"We're gonna gut these things." Dad pulls out his knife.

"Cover ourselves with the insides. It'll mask our smell, make them think we're like them."

Michonne stabs her sword through the was in's walker's stomach, cutting it open.

'Can we really do this? With Judith? If she starts crying, we're all dead.'

"I've done it before." He senses her and Ron's hesitation. "We stay calm, we don't draw attention, We can move right through them."

"They're in the house," Michonne adds. "They're making noise, more are coming." Gabriel comes back with a handful of folded up bedsheets.

Dad and Michonne gut the walkers, pulling out their insides, and smearing them onto the sheets.

Gabriel looks like he's gonna puke and Ron and Jessie look disgusted.

Dad looks up, noticing their dissatisfaction and hesitation.

"Anyone who stays here's gonna die." He explains.

"What about Deanna?" Gabriel asks wearily. Dad looks away blankly and the room is silent.

'She's not going to make it. She can barley stand as it is and we can't risk her coming back while we're out there. She'll just slow us down.'