033

(one week later)

➜ it was just shortly after midnight and everyone was having a blast right now, you had spoken to practically everyone tonight and you couldn't wait to see what this new year had in store for you all.

you had taken a couple of shots and hits but were overall feeling alright, from what you could see everyone seemed to be off their heads but perhaps it was just the weed and alcohol finally kicking in.

you suddenly felt a tap on the shoulder and turned to see that it was osamu. "hey (y/n), let me fuck you tonight."

your eyes widened and brows furrowed. "what?"

"i said i think you went a little overboard with the drug use tonight." he yelled over the music.

you let out a sigh of relief. "shit, i thought you said something else there for a second."

"exactly my point now come on, it's about time you took a breather outside." he took your arm and guided you through the crowd.

you nodded and took his lead, you had no idea where kenma was right now but the last you saw him he was with kuroo and a few other college students. nanako and atsumu had snuck off somewhere and you hadn't seen suna since the beginning of the party.

as you left the home you finally felt like you could breathe again, the cold air was refreshing and it was almost as if you were on another planet. there were little to no people on the front porch but you did notice suna stood there, lighting a blunt like he always did.

osamu quickly went back in after dropping you off, he said he'd be back soon so you didn't think too much of it and proceeded anyway.

"couldn't you have held back for just one night?" you chuckled. "the weed isn't gonna run away from you suna."

suna turned and stared back down at you, flashing a faint smile as he did so. "being sober is boring, i feel more alive when i'm high."

"well, you've got a point." you sighed. "new year new beginnings i guess."

"hey." suna said. "look at me."

"huh-"

you were caught off guard the moment suna grabbed your jaw and tilted it upwards so your eyes locked in with his. he stayed like that for a few seconds, lips inches away from yours before pulling away.

"your eyes are red, i know you're high too." he scoffed.

"damn it- you got me."

"fucking hell suna this is your second blunt of the night." osamu emerged from inside. "how're you still standing right now?"

"i'm just built different i guess." he laughed as he stubbed it out. "the cotton mouth is hitting me real bad though, i'm gonna grab a drink from inside." he told you both before retreating.

it fell silent for a second the moment he left, osamu was still stood beside you and for the first time in a while you couldn't predict what he was about to say.

"feels like forever since we've caught up, don't you think?" he spoke up.

he was right, since you got into a relationship with kenma and the whole suna situation happened you hadn't really gotten the chance to speak to osamu which you'd started to feel bad for. he was your close friend so it was only natural for you to feel this way.

"yeah honestly, things have just been i don't know.. different lately." you replied.

"mm, how have you been though? i hope kenma's been treating you well."

"he has." you paused. "our relationship has been going great but it just seems like something is missing, it's a weird feeling."

"what do you mean?" samu asked.

"like don't get me wrong, kenma is a lovely person and all but i often feel like he goes above and beyond in some situations- maybe it's just because i'm not used to it but we'll see how things go."

osamu hummed. "i see, you're used to being played and toyed with but now that something good has finally come your way you don't know how to act."

you sighed. "exactly that, it almost feels like things are moving a little too smoothly and i'm scared of letting my guard down because i don't wanna get hurt again."

"do you want me to be honest with you?" osamu replied.

you looked at him and slowly nodded.

"you may not wanna hear or believe it but i genuinely think you'd be happiest with suna. i feel like the only reason why you got into a relationship with kenma was because you wanted to get back at him, not realising how much commitment and trust it takes hence the reason why you feel this way." he paused.

"i'm sorry (y/n) but i don't think you're ready for a relationship and need time to heal, that's just my opinion."

you took in osamu's words. he was the one person who was always honest with you no matter what and to be fair it did hurt hearing him say that, but it was about time you took his advice and finally opened your eyes.

"alright." you gulped. "thanks for that."

"hey- don't cry." osamu suddenly said, startled by your change of expression. "that's just what i think based on my observation."

"i'm not crying because of that." you hiccuped. "i'm crying because i so stupidly let myself get into this situation and now kenma's gonna be heart broken."

"it's alright." he pulled you into a hug and rubbed your back. "it'll get better eventually, just be smart about your next move and focus on yourself."

"thank you osamu." you whimpered and wiped your eyes.

"hey you guys- we'll be starting games soon so make sure you're gathered round the living room within the next few minutes." noya said with his head poked out the door.

you pulled away from osamu and gave noya a thumbs up.

"i think i've had enough fresh air tonight." you said.

"better go find tsumu and nanako so they can join in on the fun."