063

➜ that very same night you cried yourself to sleep in your hospital bed. you just couldn't believe it, your own parents kicking out their only child. and what made things worse was that they showed no sympathy towards you either.

shortly after delivering the news yesterday they left your room with urgency, they didn't even want to stick around their own daughter. you understood that they were mad but there was a difference between being annoyed and just straight up neglect.

but unfortunately for you this was only one of the many obstacles that you'd have to overcome in life so you had no choice but to deal with it.

it was the afternoon of the next day and you'd woken up not too long ago, the nurses had given you breakfast and for the moment you were staring off into the distance doing nothing.

until your daze was suddenly interrupted by a familiar figure.

your heart dropped as suna walked in, his face was slightly bruised and covered in a few plasters but he overall seemed to be doing ok. suna noticed the fear in your eyes and immediately felt guilty, the side of him you saw beating up akaashi was a side he never wanted you to see again.

"hey- don't tense up, i'm not mad at you." suna spoke in a calm tone.

"i'm sorry suna." your eyes immediately whelmed up with tears and you ended up breaking down right in front of him. "i really am."

suna watched you unfold, a tear of his own shedding right by yours. he didn't say anything for the first minute or two, instead he sat on your bed and embraced you in his arms allowing you to cry into his chest.

you didn't know why but this hug felt different, you could tell that he genuinely cared about you.

"no need to cry, you didn't know any better." he reassured you.

when you finally pulled away to stare into his eyes you felt horrible. coming to the realisation that akaashi had managed to manipulate you into having sex with him and for the moment, there was nothing you could do about it.

"i should've just asked you instead of jumping to conclusions, i hate that i struggle to communicate whenever somethings bothering me."

"nobody's perfect (y/n), we all learn from our mistakes and grow together but i'll tell you one thing for sure." suna paused.

you looked up at him and nodded slowly.

"that no matter what happens, i'll stick by you till the very end and that's a promise." he held your hand.

"thank you rin.. i just feel like ever since that whole clarisse situation my trust issues have skyrocketed since it did hurt me a lot, so now all i ever do is expect the worst."

"yeah i get it. the jackass set me up to try and ruin our relationship, if i hadn't flown over here yesterday who knows how far deep he would've had you in his grasp by now."

you furrowed your brows at the thought of him. "you were right, akaashi really isn't who he makes himself out to be."

suna scoffed to himself. "when am i ever wrong?"

you rolled your eyes before staring at him. "not too much."

"i'm playing." he laughed. "but how do you feel right now? from the moment i saw you collapse i wanted to run up to your side but that douche bag wouldn't let me."

"in all honesty i was just scared, the fact that i was high made it all worse. it felt like i was greening out but ten times more intense." you spoke.

"fuck, that sounds like hell." suna said feeling guilty. "i'm sorry for scaring you."

"it's fine, it wasn't all you anyway. turns out i had viagra in my system so that probably played a role too."

suna's eyes widened, having not expected you to go to that extent just to feel good. "why the hell were you on viagra?" he asked.

"it wasn't willingly and i don't remember smoking anything other than weed. i'm pretty sure akaashi snuck it into my drink when i asked for a glass of water."

suna immediately stood, making you shudder a bit. "another reason to kill that fucker, how desperate could one be to drug someone into fucking you.. what the fuck."

"please don't go after him right now rin, you need to heal a little first." you grabbed his arm and pulled him back to sit down.

"you're right." suna sighed. "he's still in custody right now anyways."

"huh? how comes?"

"i don't remember too much but tsumu told me he tried to fight a few pedestrians once they got him off me, after that they called the cops and took him away."

"oh." you paused. "what did he say to make you so mad?" you asked.

suna shook his head. "don't worry about it, all that matters right now is that you're doing ok."

"well physically i am, but mentally i'm not so sure." you mumbled.

"why? what's up?"

"my parents came here yesterday to tell me that they were kicking me out after i graduate."

suna's brows raised. "what? why?" he quickly asked.

"they think my behaviours gotten too bad, honestly i was planning to leave anyway but the way they just put it on me like that isn't comforting at all- graduation is in a month suna." you told him.

"i think that's too far, no one's perfect and you didn't really do anything." he replied.

"exactly. there's girls our age selling their body for money and they think i'm bad?" you scoffed. "what a joke."

suna hummed in agreement. "so what're your plans after graduation then?"

"to go to college and find my own place of course but it's such short notice, i'll probably move in with the twins for a little while until i have things under control on my side." you replied.

"sounds good, i trust them enough and know they'll take good care of you."

a/n
thoughts on this book atm? 🤔