The Essay

It was almost the end of the school year and it was time for Colton to present his essay, Derek and TJ were home for the week so they decided to go and facetime JJ while he was reading it. The board has pictures of Colton and his brothers, the title of his essay was In My Brothers Shadow

Mr Meyers-"Colton you're up next son".

Colton-(gets up) "Thank you, so the title of my essay is called In My Brothers Shadows".

Mr.Meyers-"Very interesting, describe the board for us".

Colton-"Well the board has pictures over the years of my brothers TJ, Derek, JJ, and I from the good times to the bad times, so this is my essay".

Mr.Meyers-"Begin".

Colton-"Growing up being the youngest in the family is one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with in my life, don't get me wrong I love my family, but with the last name like Watt your life can change in a blink of an eye. In two thousand and nine my brother JJ decided to transfer from Central Michigan to The University Of Wisconsin, where he sat out a year, but in 2010 made a name for himself. School at the time for me was difficult, people would come up to be asking for free tickets, autographs, to call JJ in the middle of school, two thousand eleven same thing would happen since he got drafted to the Texans. Summers were fun and hard trying to spend time with all of my brothers, JJ was the busiest. Derek then went to Wisconsin then TJ followed, during that time the Watt name even became more popular, with people again asking for tickets, autographs, phone calls, phone numbers, girls using me to get close to my brothers. I started to play football in highschool I knew I had to live up to the name, not just to impress people, but to make my older brothers proud. This year was probably one of the hardest for me, I lost a close relationship with one of my brothers, but we got it back now. Being the youngest isn't easy especially when you're Colton Joeseph Watt, you have to live up to the name, impress people, try to prove to your brothers that you have what it takes, being in the shadows of my brothers is the hardest thing ever, but I can't complain because no matter what they have my back and I have theirs. I chose to go to Wisconsin for a reason, not just for myself, but also for my brothers. I'm a fourth generation Watt and I am going to live up to the name whatever it takes. I might be In My Brothers Shadow, but I for sure will not let them down".

After that everyone claps, Hailey comes up and hugs him because she could tell he was getting emotional, Derek and TJ hug him as well, JJ says that he will call later and that he is proud of him

Mr.Meyers-"Very good Colton, any questions for him?"

Shane-"Not a question, but dude I'm sorry for the way I treated you back in the day I had no idea you felt this way". (hugs him)

Chris-"Same here dude, sorry for calling you those names".

Brody-"I said sorry at the beginning of the year, but I had no idea dude". (hugs him)

Everyone in the class hugs him

Mallory-"Colt?"

Colton-"Hey".

Mallory-"I'm sorry for everything".

Colton-"All is forgiven".

Mallory-"Treat him good".

Hailey-"You have my word". (smiles)

After school was over Colton went back home, when he got in the house the puppy greeted him

Colton-"What's up Ozzy". (picks him up)

John-"Heard it went well".

Connie-"Dani recorded it and sent it to us".