PROLOGUE

"From today onwards, they are now a couple! Under the witness of the Wen Army, from now on, they will love each other forever. Bow to heaven and Earth!"

They both face the crowd and bow.

"Your highness, what's next? I mean, you both don't have family to witness your wedding?" Gao Hong heard the man in front who is the one doing and announcing the wedding rites. He is Cao Zhi, Wen Xin's most skilled man and a close friend.

She laughed secretly when she saw Wen Xin tried to smack him in the head. Then Wen Xin talked in a low voice but with an angry tone. "Then just leave that be!"

Cao Zhi nodded. "Yes, your highness." He then cleared his throat before talking again. "Bow to each other!"

They both look at each other and bow. 

"Ceremony is over!" Cao Zhi announced. "Everyone, Prince Wen Xing provided us with a cart of wine and grilled meats to celebrate his wedding. Let's go and celebrate!"

Upon hearing that, Wen Army excitedly leaves the venue and not long after when they are the only one left in the venue. "Wife, how about let's go to our chamber now?"

She laughed at her husband's remarks. "You're so naughty. Okay, let's go, husband."

His husband laughed and carried her in bridal style. "I know you'll say that." He said and immediately walked towards their chamber.

"Empress dowager, arrive!" A eunuch announces while the Emperor is busy reading memorials. A seconds later, the empress dowager came and sat beside him.

"Your majesty, I received a letter just now that your precious crown prince married a commoner girl! Last month, I showed him some portraits of different royal princesses in every state but he didn't even look at them, instead, he married that woman! Your majesty, look, he doesn't take the palace rules seriously and he keeps breaking the rules. If you're not going to renounce him for being a crown prince, I will not talk to you anymore!"

The emperor sighed. "Imperial mother, I will handle this case fairly. Don't worry, I will punish Crown Prince Wen Xin for marrying without notifying us. I will ground him in his palace together with his wife for a month, how about that?"

The Empress Dowager looked at him angrily. "I told you, punish him by renouncing his position and let Prince Wen Ling be the crown prince! What's so hard about that? Don't tell me you are being partial to Wen Xin because he is the Empress' child and Wen Ling is just a consort's child?"

"Imperial mother, that's not what I meant!"

"Your majesty, don't forget, I was the one who raised and assisted you while growing up. You've been a good kid and always follow what I always say but now, you are already being disobedient. Okay, if that's the case, I won't try to convince you now. I'm already tired, so I'm going back to my yard now." Empress Dowager left so he bowed and waited for a minute before he asked his eunuch to bring him his brush and write an edict.

After a while, he put it in a case. He looked at the eunuch who has been with him since he ascended the throne. He handed him his edict. "Eunuch Bi, this is my death edict."

"Your majesty, please don't curse yourself."

He sighed. "Eunuch Bi, when I am gone, I hope you relay this edict to the crown prince and I am hoping that you'll be a good subject to the next emperor."

The eunuch nodded and took the edict. "Yes, your majesty."

"I'm already tired. I think it is time for me to take a rest."

He was already in his bed when he heard Eunuch Bi come in with a pot of tea. "Your majesty, someone came and told me that this tea is good for calming nerves. How about you taste it?"