CHAPTER 5

When they couldn't see the Emperor's carriage anymore, they immediately walked towards Junzhu city. The place looks like it was just struck by a disaster which really happened.

There are so many people camping outside their destroyed houses and some also tried to revive their houses but failed.

"Let's all spread. Help those people who were stuck inside their houses. Go to some collapsed establishments and help the civilians. There might be people who failed to run and tragically got stuck in it. We'll just see each other again here." She instructed. The army immediately spread and helped the civilians while she went and found the city's governor to communicate with the higher ups for easier work.

When she arrived, she saw how busy the people inside the governor's residence were. When she tried to get in, the guards stopped her. "Miss, why are you here?"

She shows them the sword of the guardian. "I am the guardian of his majesty. I was sent here to communicate with the governor and help the people."

The guard immediately bowed to her. "Wait here, guardian, I'll go notify the governor immediately." One of the guards said and left. She waited patiently until the guard came back. "Guardian, you can go inside now." He said and guided her towards the hall. She immediately saw a man who was in his early 50's. 

She immediately bowed to him. "Governor, I was sent here to aid Junzhu from the earthquake that has just happened. Hoping that the governor will work with me so it will be easier to help the people."

"Guardian, forget the formalities. Take a seat." He said and pointed to the chair in front of him. She immediately sat there. "I'm actually trying to contact all of my friends in other cities and ask them to send some reinforcements in building evacuation houses for my people. Maybe they will arrive tomorrow. Guardian, it is already late in the evening, why haven't you taken a rest first before coming to me?"

"Governor, I don't have the right to have a rest while the people are still hungry in the streets, scared of the aftershocks and have no home to return to. My men as of now are also trying their best to find those missing people and it's my job to ask the governor to give us some grains for the people while waiting for the disaster relief from the capital. Governor, your act will definitely be heard by the emperor and people will honour you for your generosity."

The governor thinks deeply. She was just drinking her tea as she waited for his answer. Then when she looked at her and nodded, she smiled inwardly.

"Okay, fine. I'll immediately send my men to take grain for the people."

She gets up and bow to him. "Then I thank the people, governor."

"You're welcome. Guardian, how about you have a rest here in my residence? It is near midnight."

She smiled and shook her head. "No need to disturb you, governor. I need to personally send the grains to my army cook and I should also need to see the whole city so I will know what I will report to the emperor." She said, "Governor, I'll just wait for the grains outside." She said and got out of the governor's residence.

She saw two Wen army soldiers so she told them to stay. It took almost half an hour before the governor and its helpers came out with a cart full of grains. She smirked, sure he had so many grains with him.

"Go now, take the grains and cook into porridge and give it to people. They might not have eaten their dinner yet." She ordered the two men with her to take the cart of grain.

When the two left, she looked at the governor. "Governor, thank you for being generous. I will tell the emperor the kindness you showed us and you will definitely get rewarded."