CHAPTER 11

When she woked up, her wound was not that painful anymore. When she opened her eyes, she saw that she was in the bed of the Emperor, immediately getting up only to see the emperor holding her hand who's sleeping while sitting beside her.

"Your majesty, wake up." She said, making the Emperor wake up and immediately look at her.

"Nianian. You're awake, how's your wound?"

She shook her head. "I'm okay, you're majesty, this is only a small wound compared to my past wounds."

The Emperor carefully looked at her wound before looking at her. "Where did you get that wound? Did someone try to hurt you?"

She was looking at the emperor while thinking whether she'll say who assassinated her but maybe he'll not believe her without evidence that's why she said, "I just clumsily hurt myself while practising, your majesty, don't worry."

"Don't tell to don't worry about you, Nianian, because I will always worry about everything about you." He said and held her hand. She felt him shaking, making her feel his forehead if he is sick but he is just in normal heat.

"Your majesty, why are you shaking? You are not sick. Are you feeling something?"

"I'm fine. I'm just scared about our fight earlier. Don't worry about me."

"What's with our fight that makes you shake?"

"You told me you are divorcing me, Nianian, that is the most terrifying word that I heard from you. You know how much I love you. If you don't want me to be emperor just to not divorce me, I'll do it willingly. That's how I love you."

"Your majesty."

"If you are already tired about this power struggle, what about me? I'm already on my verge of just leaving everything behind because I'm already tired of living here. But do I still have someone to return to? Answer me, Nianian, do I?"

"I really don't know how to answer you."

He hugged her tightly. "It's okay not to answer me. It is better than telling me I don't."

She closed her eyes while feeling the warmth of his arms. She can still feel him shaking. Is this her effect on him? She sighed.

"Your majesty—"

Cao Zhi immediately turned away when he saw them hugging. She awkwardly stayed away from the Emperor's arm and cleared her throat. "Go on, Cao Zhi." She said,

Cao Zhi looked at them awkwardly before looking at the emperor. "Your majesty, there is a report from the military at the border."

"Okay. I'll go there immediately." He said. When Cao Zhi left, the emperor looked at her. Nianian, just have a rest here. I'll just go and talk to the messenger."

She nodded. Okay, your majesty."

When the emperor leaves, she immediately gets off the bed and goes out of the Emperor's palace. She left the palace and went to a storyteller tea shop.

When she reached the shop, she looked for the storyteller who is known for being knowledgeable and knows everything that is happening in the palace.

When she saw the old man, shw immediately neared him. "Mister Che, may I ask you something?"

The storyteller looked at her before shaking the money box in front of him. She sighed and put her money sachet full of money on the box.

The storyteller smiled and offered her to sit which she immediately did. "Mister Che, do you know the relationship between the Northern state princess and the Emperor's brother?"