CHAPTER 4

He didn't realise that Nianian is already in front of him and has already long practised. The sect leader also long gone because he still needed to train his disciples. If Cao Zhi didn't beamed him, he might not yet go back to his reverie.

"Nianian." He uttered.

"Your majesty, sorry for not welcoming you."

"It's okay."

Nianian sat on the chair and poured herself a tea and drank it before looking at him. "What are you doing here, your majesty?"

He also sat and let Cao Zhi pour him tea. "Me? I just came here to visit you. It has been a month since you came here so I personally came here to bring you back to the palace."

"I was planning to go back to the palace today, your majesty."

"Then, why are you still here training?"

"Well I'm still trying to practise with this guardian sword since I think it's a little bit heavier than the sword I always carry."

He looked at her sword. "What? Do you want me to change it?"

Nianian immediately hugged the sword. "No need! I am already used to its heaviness and I just need to practise with it."

"Fine. Let's go back to the palace now, shall we?" He asked and Nianian just rolled her eyes and got up.

"Let's go!" She said and while they were heading their way out of the sect, Nianian almost bid everyone goodbye until they arrived at his carriage. He immediately helped her ascend to the carriage and follow suit. 

While they were on their way, Nianian just kept looking outside the window and it gave him time to stare at her. He didn't realise that he was already smiling when the carriage still didn't stomp on a stone that almost made him kiss the ground. Good thing Nianian saw him and immediately held his chest to stop him from falling.

When the carriage stopped, Cao Zhi peeped on the door but when he saw their position, he just closed the door. "Your majesty, are you two okay there?" 

"We're okay." He said. Nianian immediately sat properly when the carriage started moving. He just cleared his throat and looked straight.

When they arrived at the capital, he saw how amazed Nianian was while looking at the bustling street.

He looked at the window beside him and watched the people. "Nianian, how about we walk from here?"

Nianian smiling eyes looked at him. "What do you mean, your majesty?"

"Cao Zhi, stop the carriage!" He ordered and when the carriage stopped, he hold Nianian's hand and pulled her outside the carriage. When they already get off the carriage, he looked at Cao Zhi. "Cao Zhi, order some men to send the carriage home. You can just tail us later."

"Yes, your majesty."

He immediately pulled Nianian to the nearest hairpin vendor and let her try some hairpins. "How about this?" He asked. The hairpin looks extravagant and simple. It is a jade hairpin without any design but carved perfectly.

"Your majesty, I just want to tell you that I don't use hairpins."

He looked at her from head to toe. "How about we buy you a dress?"

She looked at him blankly. "I am good with this attire now, your majesty. I've been using this for the past years."

He sighed and put back the jade hairpin and left him there. So much for a good day.

Nianian just shook her head when the emperor left her in the stall.

"Miss, I think you anger your husband." The vendor said so she looked at him.