EPILOGUE

"Wen Xin, you're awake." Nianian told him and hugged him tight. He closed his eyes while savouring the feeling of being hugged by his woman then the hug became tight, making him breath hard.

"Nianian, I can't breathe!"

Nianan immediately stopped hugging him. "I'm sorry!" She said, making his grandfather laugh.

"Don't blame Nianian. She was so devastated when she saw you dead." He said and he immediately looked at Nianian who was blushing.

"Really?" He asked mockingly but she just rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Stay here. I'll just inform everyone that you are already awake so they won't be worried anymore." His grandfather said and left them alone.

He looked at Nianian and while he was staring at her, he remembered something. "So, princess, huh?"

"What? Don't I look like a princess? Or am I inferior to the princess of the Northern state?"

He laughed. "Of course not. You are superior to everyone. Your beauty, knowledge and strength. And that's what makes me fall for you."

She smiled. "Really?"

He nodded. "Really. Anyways, how did you meet my mother? And why are you abducted together?"

"Well, I was having a tour that day when I heard someone beside the house of the grand empress dowager so I went there and saw a tied woman who was crying. We conversed and I learned that she is your mother. I tried to take off the lock on her hand when it alarmed so I had no choice but to leave. I decided to tell it to you but I got abducted and when I woke up, I was with your mother already. So I sent a message to my master and told him you are in danger."

"So that's how it is." He said and looked at the door when his mother came in. "Mother." He uttered and his mother immediately ran towards him and hugged him tight.

"Son." She said and they both hugged each other until her mom got off and held his face. "Let me look at you closely. Son, you really are your father's son. So handsome." She said, making him laugh.

"Mother, I got your look, remember?"

"I almost forgot. You only got your father's pride." Her mom said and they both looked at the door when someone came in. It was his grandfather's grandson!

Her mother looked at Nianian and Nianian immediately took the kid in front of him. "Wen Xin, sorry for keeping it to you." Nianian said, making him confused.

"What did you keep from me, Nianian?"

Nianian's tears started falling from her face. She immediately holds the kid's shoulder who is just looking at him innocently. "This is Hong Xin. Our-Our son." She said and when she closed her eyes, tears kept on streaming down her eyes.

His eyes widened and were so shocked to the core. Their son? He looked at the kid. No wonder he has felt familiar since the first time he met him. It's because he looks like him when he was his age. His son. He is already a father!

He tried to get off from the bed and kneeled in front of Hong Xin. He was staring at him while crying. "Hong Xin. Hong Xin. My son." He said and immediately hugged him, caging him in his arms. His love for the kid is overflowing. He can't contain his happiness while he is feeling the warmth of his son.

He looked at Nianian who was crying while looking at them. He also pulled her and hugged her while he was thanking her for giving him the life he had longed for.

She was readying the carriage that they will use for their journey to their new house while Wen Xin is talking to her master and sect leader. After she was done, she walked towards her husband who immediately snake his arms on her body.

"Wen Xin, have you thought it through?" Her sect leader asked.

"Yes, sect leader. The edict will be announced to the world in no time. I chose to be an emperor that year and left Nianian and my son. Now, I just want to live peacefully with my mother, son and Nianian for the next year. I want to be a filial son, good father and loving husband that I haven't done for the past years. Don't worry, we'll always visit you all when we have time."

"Okay, fine. Then, may you have a wonderful year. Nianian, don't forget to visit us sometimes with my grandson, okay?"

She nodded and smiled. "I got it, sect leader. Master, don't you really want to come with us?"

Her master shook his head. "I'm already old and only wanted to stay in my house on the mountain. Don't worry, you can also come and visit me sometimes."

"Okay."

She looked at Cao Zhi who was talking with Lu Xi. Then her husband left her and walked towards Cao Zhi. "Cao Zhi, you can't come with us anymore."

Cao Zhi looked at her husband. "Why?"

"Because I am entrusting you to the Wen Army from now on. Here." He gave him the token that can summon and follow the Wen Army. "Also, our house is in a secluded area and I don't have the heart to split you and Miss Lu Xi."

"But-"

"Enough. Your dowry that I ready is also in the Wen army. You can take that when you have already decided to marry. Don't worry, you two can visit us at our house sometimes."

"Okay, Fine. Thank you, your majesty."

Wen Cin only nodded and went back to her side. "Then, thank you everyone for your hardships. We'll leave now. See you." He said and pulled towards the carriage where her son and mother-in-law were.

While walking towards the carriage, Wen Xin stopped. "Wife, are you sure you won't go back to the Southern state now?"

"I already told you, I will stay with you. How about you? Have you really decided not to take back the throne now? Don't worry, I won't be angry anymore."

"I did learn so much when I was an Emperor. I was forced to mature and think thoroughly. But I want a life that you and my son are in. So, I'm sure of my decision."

"Hmm. I love you, husband."

"I love you too, wife."

In the palace, the great grand empress dowager walked hand in hand with the little emperor towards the palace court, in front of the ministers and eunuchs.

The kid was the northern princess' son who the grand empress dowager took and kept inside the dungeon. When she gave birth, she immediately killed her and told the world that the kid is a royal bloodline and son of the late Prince Fen Xin.

When the little emperor sat on the chair together with his great grandmother, all of the ministers and Eunuch kneeled and bowed.

"May you live and prosper, our emperor."

THE END

|emmmmmzZ|