CHAPTER 10

While she is locked up in her room, she doesn't have anything to do other than practising her sword. Good thing the emperor is still kindhearted to send some soldiers so that she can spar everyday or she'll be bored to death.

It took two days when the Emperor visited her. She didn't even bother to clean the whole house because of his sudden visit.

"Your majesty."

The emperor looked around before she looked at her. "What happened here?"

"Your majesty, I got busy from training and I didn't have time to clean up the whole place."

"So, have you already known your mistake?"

"Your majesty, saving someone is an heroic act. So, please excuse my ignorance if I didn't know what sin I have commited."

"Nianian, you still haven't pondered on your mistakes. Okay, I'll tell you. I already sent Cao Zhi to find Prince Su and I told you not to go, but what did you do? You didn't follow me. Tell me, are you still respecting me as an emperor?"

"I do, your majesty. But if it happens again, I will definitely break the Emperor's order again just to save him."

The emperor sighed. "You're still stubborn." He said and left her alone.

She sighed. Did he just come just to fight with her? She shook her head and continued practising.

When the night came, she was already bored to death so she decided to sneak out and have a tour around the palace.

The palace was already quiet when she saw the princess go out of her room suspiciously so she immediately followed her until they arrived at the palace of the late empress, who is the mother of the emperor.

While waiting for the princess to go out, her eyes widened when she saw the princess with the emperor's brother, hugging each other.

She covered her mouth in shock and kept on walking back when she stepped into a tree branch that made a sound. She immediately runs away from that palace before the two will see her.

The northern princess looked at Fen Xin who is just calm, sitting, opposite to what she is feeling. "Fen Xin, what if that person knows who we are?"

"Don't worry, he or she didn't see us. If they do, I'll definitely kill them before they can tell my brother." Fen Xin said. "Have you seen who is that person?"

She nodded. "Yes, it is the Emperor's guardian, Nianian."

"I know her. She's good. I learned that it was her physician who learned that the flower you send is poisonous."

"Why don't we kill her? I bet you can assassinate her since she has been locked up in her room these days. We still have time to assassinate her since maybe it takes time before she'll be freed from being locked up."

"No need. She is smart, she won't tell it without evidence." He said.

She sighed before she touched her belly. "Fen Xin, when are you going to take me out of this palace? I am impatient. I don't want our child to grow up with a different father. I bet you also don't want it too right?"

He smiled and nodded. "Yes. Don't worry. That time will not come." He said and hugged her.

After she learned about the affair of Fen Xin and the princess, she already didn't have a good sleep because she feels like someone is watching her.

Did they see her?

She sighed and put down her sword on the table and drank tea. She can't practise because she is always distracted so she decided to not practise today and just have a rest.

Since she is not practising, she played a pitch pot alone and only stopped when her lunch and dinner came.

When it was time to sleep, she immediately went to her bed and tried to sleep. Around midnight, when everyone was already sleeping, she felt someone tried to kill her, good thing she felt it so she immediately dodge the sword. But she still got wounded on her shoulder when the assassin blindly hit his surroundings and before she could catch him, the assassin was already gone.

She was about to follow him when her wound hurt so she doesn't have a choice but to stay and bandage it herself. She's thankful that the assassin's sword wasn't poisoned or she'll die even before morning comes.

After she bandages her wound, she is still feeling pain on her wound so she lies on her bed and sleeps.

When morning came, Cao Zhi personally came to tell her that the emperor was already letting her out of her room. Because of it, she immediately forces herself even though she feels so painful because of her wounds.

When she arrived at the Emperor's palace, she immediately went inside to acknowledge her presence. "Your majesty."

"You're here."

"Your majesty, may I know why have you let me get out of my room now?"

"My brother told me that locking you up is not really a good option to make someone ponder on their mistake. Now, can you tell why I am punishing you?"

"Because I didn't follow your order, your majesty."

"No."

"Um, because I don't respect you as an emperor, your majesty."

"Definitely not."

"I still don't know, your majesty."

"Nianian, I am punishing you because you give your attention to that man more than me. Can't you see that I am getting jealous?"

"Why would you get jealous? I don't even care if you are flirting with the princess, your majesty."

"That's the problem with you! You never cared for me! I don't even feel your love from me anymore. Tell me, how am I inferior to Hong Xin, Prince Su and other men out there that can make you happy? Am I really that worthless to you anymore?"

"Your majesty, we are not connected to each other anymore so just focus on your wife, the princess, rather than putting your misery on me."

"I won't! We're married first, and you are the only woman I'll acknowledge as my wife."

"You should! Why wouldn't you?"

"Because I still love you! And will never leave you!"

"You did. Three years ago."

The Emperor got a lot in his word. "But you were the one who told me to leave that day."

She laughed. "Sorry, I forgot. But while looking at what you've become today, I never had any regrets letting you leave me that day. You became a good emperor and father of the people, but you failed to be a good husband to me."

The emperor looked at her, scared. "No, Nianian, don't tell me you are divorcing me? I won't let you!"

"Why wouldn't you let me? You broke your promise to me when you married another woman, so why can't I also divorce you and marry another man? Why are you keeping me in this marriage? I hate you! I hate you so much!" She inhaled and exhaled deeply until she passed out.

He immediately catches Nianian who was about to fall. He got worried when he saw blood on her shoulder.

"Cao Zhi, go and ask the physician to come here immediately!" He ordered while looking at Nianian's wound.

Nianian, what happened to you?

|emmmmmzZ|