CHAPTER 6

Her eyes widened and she went rigid with what she heard. She goes to the emperor who is waiting for him on the carriage. "Your majesty."

The emperor nodded. "Go and rescue them now. I'll be fine."

She immediately bowed and left with her junior. Good thing the emperor lent her a military horse so it will fasten their speed. When she arrived at the Denxin sect, she immediately saw how messed up their sect was after the massacre. She looked at her junior. "Where is leader?"

"They are in the physician's secret room, senior." He answered and they both went to the old man's house behind the Denxin sect. When they went inside the tunnel, she immediately saw her sect of people.

"Senior! Senior is here!" Someone who saw her announced and all of them looked at her. When she saw her wounded sect leader, she immediately neared him and was about to hug him when the old man appeared and stopped midway.

"Don't be too emotional. He needs to take a rest, not another problem." The old man said so she just rolled her eyes and sat beside the sect leader.

"Sorry, sect leader, I wasn't here to help you fight with the assassins."

"It's okay. Your job is to guard the emperor and you should only focus on that. We can manage the sect. We've been practising for years and we can't just let some people destroy what we have founded. Also, I'm not that injured. I just need to take a rest so don't worry."

"Don't believe him, Nianian. He took a blow for me earlier and hurt his meridians. For now, I am restricting him from using his inner power so I put a needle to block his inner power. If he'll forcefully use it, I'm afraid he'll lose his power forever."

She looked at her sect leader worriedly. "Sect leader..."

"Don't worry, Nianian, I'm okay. It's just a needle, I can manage. I will recuperate these days, so give me a suggestion: who should I give the leadership to for a while?"

She looked around. "How about—" she saw Lu Xi, the sect leader's only daughter, come in. "—Lu Xi."

Sect leader looked at his daughter and shook his head. "You know how naughty that woman is, I can't let her handle the sect yet. How about you handle it? I'll talk to the emperor to let you stay here first."

She was about to talk when she heard Lu Xi's shriek. "Father, you actually let her handle the sect affair rather than letting your daughter handle it?"

"Aiya, Lu Xi, you're still young to handle these things. Let Nianian do it, you can assist her then."

"But father!"

"Enough, just go and start cleaning the sect now. You all should help each other because I am counting on all of you to run the sect properly while I am not here."

Lu Xi just rolled her eyes to her before leaving. The disciples also left the secret room until the three of them left.

"Nianian, I'm entrusting you to the sect for a month. If you have something you can't solve, this old man knows everything. Just go and ask him when it happened."

She nodded. "Yes, sect leader."

"Go now. This old man will take me to the Zama to recuperate after you leave." Zama is a part of the sect that is good for recuperating. She hasn't gone in yet and she only heard rumours about it. Looks like the Sect leader's injury is not that small.

When she left the old man's secret room, she immediately went to the sect tower and saw the disciples cleaning the mess. She also helped them to clean until they finished it before it got dark.