CROSSING THE WALL

Lavyansh was in class ninth when he first met Ayushman at Ayushi's home. Ayushi was Lavyansh's classmate and Ayushman was her elder brother. Ayushman and Lavyansh's first meeting was an ordinary meeting between a senior and a junior. Ayushman was in class eleventh that time. As Ayushman scored a good percentage (highest in their town) in tenth board examination, Lavyansh asked him for tips.

Ayushman liked being admired. Therefore he started making time once in a while to guide Ayushi and Lavyansh. Ayushman was tall, handsome and smart, Lavyansh felt attracted to his personality. On the other hand Lavyansh was cute, naughty and talkative. Ayushman felt refreshed after spending time with him. As expected Lavyansh and Ayushman liked each other and they started dating. They were already in class tenth and twelfth at that time when they started dating.

They studied as sincerely as they used to do but always got time for their little secret dates. Lavyansh's mother worked in a bank, while his father was a school teacher. Ayushman's both parents were in govt service. Therefore the boys were free to meet anytime. And the most important thing that should be mentioned was that their houses were separated only by a five feet high boundary wall.

Ayushman was in the final year of school. He was preparing for medical college; he wanted to become a doctor. Lavyansh wanted to follow his path, but he had time for that, his first priority was to score excellent in the board examination of class tenth. They were progressing fast in their relationship and Ayushi supported them as if it was her duty.

Mothers could sometime notice things that was often overlooked by even gods. Lavyansh's mother was busy but she felt that something was different about his son. And after using her 'mom' brain she discovered that Lavyansh was dating someone. She was not against dating. But the boy was only sixteen and in class tenth.

just like everyone, Lavyansh's mother thought that tenth class students should forget everything except the upcoming board examination. Both the children should study hard for one year before getting involved romantically. She gave a lengthy and motivational lecture to Lavyansh and asked him to concentrate in studies. She said it would be good for both Ayushi and him. Yes, she thought it was Ayushi, who is in love with his son. She too liked Ayushi but they were just too young at that time.

Lavyansh understood his mother's misunderstanding but did not clear it. He promised his mother that he would spend less time with Ayushi and he would study harder. Mother was happy and so was the son. Lavyansh kept his promise and spent less time with Ayushi.

But in couple of month, Lavyansh's mother realized her mistake. She further restricted Lavyansh's movements. He was not allowed to go out of their house except going to school. Mother thought it was enough as Lavyansh and Ayushman were in two different schools. Lavyansh's phone was confiscated by his mother and no friends were allowed to come to their home.

As autumn break started in schools Lavyansh's mother thought she would get relief from her daily tensions. Lavyansh's father was a school teacher, therefore he got autumn break too. As per Lavyansh's mother's instruction, he everyday locked the main gate after she went to her job and hid the key.

But did Lavyansh and Ayushman's relationship affected by those efforts? 'No'. Every afternoon after having lunch together with his son, the father went to take a nap in his room. He was sure his son could not go anywhere. Fathers are always less intelligent than mothers.

As those two houses were only separated by a boundary wall Lavyansh crossed the wall every afternoon to secretly meet Ayushman. He used to return to his room before his mother came back. It was going smoothly until one day his mother returned early as she was not feeling well after lunch.

Lavyansh was nowhere in the house but there was a plastic stool beside the boundary wall. Lavyansh's parents patiently waited there to catch him in the act. It is needles to describe what happened afterward. Every teenager from India knows that better than anyone in a harder way. The kite of their love which was flying high dropped to the ground, face down.

Ayushman went to a medical college and did not come home for years. Lavyansh tried hard to get into that college but failed.He convinced his parents to let him reappear in the entrance examination again next year. But he failed again. He wanted to try for the last time but his parents said that if he wanted to study medicine that much, they could send him abroad to study. Their love story did not get a second chance as Lavyansh settled in USA after his studies.