11. Hazelnut Cream

"Damn Leo. Check her out!" Seth whispered in Leo's ear, pointing towards Isabela aka Bella.

"Stop being a jerk!" I reprimanded him, slapping playfully at the back of Seth's head, "It's rude to check out girls like that."

His head turned towards me and he mumbled a 'sorry', not meeting my eyes. His cheeks were tinged pink as he shuffled his feet, and rubbed the spot on the back of his head. Liam and Leo chuckled at him, but they weren't any wiser, their eyeballs moving to and fro to get a good glimpse of her. I sighed and shook my head.

The three of them stood leaning against the counter, elbows placed on the slab in a synchronized manner, and half turned towards me standing behind the counter. Five minutes had passed since they came back from their swimming practice, and they were already gawking at Brandon and Isabela who were talking at the nearest table.

"You know it's rude to blatantly stare at people like that?" I whispered, and the three of them whipped their head back towards me.

"Is it? Well I have always been on the receiving end." Leo chuckled, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes at his words though still working hard to subdue the hear creeping up my neck (that would obviously make me look like a tomato). Feigning indifference, I muttered, "Whatever. "

This time I looked at Brandon and her myself. Truthfully, I could see where their infatuation was coming from. Isabela was a beauty to the eyes and her low cut top and tight jeans only added to the appeal. Her red lipstick was spot on and even her hands were perfectly manicured flourish a lot of fantasies. She was the epitome of girl crushes and body goals, the boys were bound to treat her like a goddess however her attitude might be. Which wasn't that pretty. Despite knowing that, it made me feel like a junkie standing close to her polished form. My tank top and shorts looked almost kiddish and even my hair were their usual messed up curls.

I looked at the time to see that it was already half past six. They had been talking for over an hour now. Just what they were discussing?

Probably how to CPR the correct way.

"Ty, you can go now! Your sugar would be here soon!" my mother shouted from the kitchen followed by her short laugh. I blushed at her teasing and for a moment, a hush seemed to fall upon the cafe.

"Okay!" I replied, popping my head inside the kitchen for a moment to look at her, "And you could have just said his name, Mom! I should have never told you my nickname for him!"

"But it's too much fun teasing them." She winked, inclining her head towards the boys. I just shook my head at her over-worked mind. Turning back to the cafe, my eyes caught Brandon's eyes for a split second before I looked away.

Yeah, take that! I thought wistfully. Hopping back to the counter, I tried to ignore the burning stare Brandon was shooting me from across the cafe. Not giving him the satisfaction of returning the stare, I took out my apron and hung it on Leo's head.

"Do you mind staying here till my mother comes out?" I asked Leo, belatedly realizing that the three of them were staring at me. Brushing my hair out of my eyes, I blurted, "What?"

"You're going out?" Liam whispered. His voice sound dejected, but I didn't try to read too much into its meaning.

"Yes, do you mind? She'll be out in five minutes."

"Not at all, hun." Seth winked, and jumped over the counter and stood beside me in one  fast movement. I took a step back, startled.

"Be careful with that!" I warned him, still unable to help myself from grinning at his antics.

"Just go." He pushed me towards the door, and I laughed, grudgingly walking out of the bakery. My eyes met Francis' at once when I noticed him climbing up the short flight of stairs to the porch area.