19. Caramel Crunch

I hated life and, at this moment I hated being a girl the most.

Like I agreed it happened because Mother Nature had willed this calamity on us to take the headache of being the bearer of the future progeny. But why couldn't they have been nicer with their method?

I had loved to have a basket full of chocolate with a postcard saying I wasn't pregnant each month.

Nah, that would be too simple and boring. They had to torture us every four minutes by twisting our ovaries and roundhouse kicking our uterus.

They sure expected us to tolerate this every freaking month for our lives. It was one fourth of our life spent twisting in agony on bed, with our backs on the verge of breaking and feet swelled up like two large balloons.

It was hardly fair that boys were exempted from this. They should at least be empathetic of someone's else pain, but no, they came in many cases of douche bags.

Here was example number one,

"Tyler, Francis is calling me. He's asking me, why aren't you picking up your phone!" I heard Leo shouting from the door, knocking it persistently. How did Francis even get his number?

"Go away," I mumbled, snuggled up under my blanket. I was one hundred percent sure that an inch of movement would set off my stomach in unbearable pain.

"What?" he shouted and I groaned. My thoughts running in a different direction.

How should I kill him? Drown him in my bathroom? His dead body could be hidden there for some days...

"Coming right in!" he shouted, giving up on my mumbled replies and it was like everything went into slow motion.

Watching the door open, bird grain by bird grain, the hinges squeaking loudly, my body filled up with dread.

I flew up from the bed, leaving my comfort position and my messed up hair flew behind me. My hand extended out to stop him, and I winced as my stomach cramped with pain. My mouth formed an 'o' shape as I tried to shout out a no, but didn't come up with any sound.

Leo entered, his steps echoing on the wooden floor, and I shook my head wildly, warning him with my mind to not enter.

But it failed as he did enter, his face moving up to my eye level.

Our eyes met and everything froze. I knew in every atom and the electrons and protons that moment, that I looked nothing but a hobo.

My flying hair fell down, my hand still extended in front of me like a 'mummy'.

From my disheveled hair, to my swollen eyes, and my ugliest pajamas, I was a sight to behold.

"Oh!" he looked bewildered, his eyes assessing my appearance, "I-I'll tell h-him you were, um, sleeping."

I nodded in defeat as my face burned with humiliation. A scared looking Leo traced back his steps in record speed while banging the door closed behind him.

Let's just say that the encounters I had with the boys these past three days had been full of awkwardness. I had never lived with a boy to experience it, and only Liam and Seth had a sister for them to know about it.

Leaving the whole awkward state aside and now sitting in the drawing room, I waited for everyone to settle down and start with our meeting.

The room looked crowded enough with my mom, Brandon's mom, Brandon, Liam, Leo, Seth and Francis. One thing about a crowded room was that it had one hell of cross - conversations.