15. Cherry Jam

"I should have never agreed to this," Brandon mumbled as I dragged him to the Trade Fair with me.

"Don't say that, it'll be simple, really!" I said cheerily and flashed him a big smile. He stared at me for a second, blinking twice, before he slapped his hand on his forehead.

"God, I am sick," he groaned, rubbing his hand on his face and looking away from me.

"Why, what happened?" I pulled his arm again to make him face me.

"Don't ask." He sighed, and then bit his lips, looking down to my hands wrapped around his arms.

After a moment I realized that we had stopped moving, with me still clinging onto his hand. Very slowly and cautiously, I untangled my hands from his arm.

Tucking my hair behind my ear, I sheepishly took a step back. Giving him some space, I started walking again, hoping to hide my heated face, when I heard him call me.

"Where are you going?" Brandon whispered, and I felt his hand clasp around mine, pulling me firmly towards him.

"N-nowhere." I gasped out as he pulled me, my stomach somersaulting at the sudden closeness.

Our shoulders brushed and he steadied me before I tripped or tumbled downwards. His hand lingered on the small of my back before quickly grabbing my hand, his fingers immediately intertwining with mine.

"I don't mind this," he whispered and cleared his throat, purposely not meeting my eyes.

He started walking again, his steps more confident now as he led me towards the entrance of the Trade Fair. I meekly followed him this time, my head down as I tried to hide my even more flaming cheeks. Peeking a look at him, I saw that his ears were red and he had beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

Smiling to myself at his warm touch and ignoring the loud thudding of my heart, I caught up to match my steps with him.

"So I'll run the plan once again, because I don't think you were listening the other three times." I started once we both got comfortable, and he rolled his eyes.

"It's going to be six o'clock soon and we expect Francis's fiancée to be here by six-thirty." I continued.

"Are you sure she will come?" Brandon asked me, slightly swinging our intertwined hands.

"Uh, of course." I shook my head to clear the sensations of tingling shooting up my arm and tried to focus on what he was saying.

"We practically just baited her by accidentally showing her some text messages. Why would she care?"

"Well for one, she's a girl. We care about everything. And second, all the text messages sent to Francis were by a number saved as Brandon Baby." I smirked at him. "It's obvious that she will be curious enough to come here."

"And find out for herself who this Brandon Baby is?" I nodded excitedly as Brandon finished for me, followed by an excessive shaking of his head at me.

"What now?"

"Nothing. I am just wondering where do you get these world class ideas from."

"Believe me, you wouldn't want to know." I bit my lip to hide my smile and thought about the years I had spent watching Korean Dramas and reading mangas or manhwas. I had to pick up some tips from them.

We stopped at the ticket counter and bought two tickets, fighting again on who would pay for it.Both of us ended up buying for each other, whereas the lady behind the counter looked irritated enough to throw us out any second.