27. Nutella Popsicle

"Hi?"

"Hi?" Brandon repeated, his eyebrows up in amusement. A small smile played on his lips as if he had to work hard to not break out into a full fledged grin. His green eyes danced in the dim lighting of the hall, speaking a million things in its wake. I saw his chest rise and fall in shorts gaps, matching my pace. My voice caught in my throat as his bag slipped from his shoulder to ground with a soft thud.

His eyes glazed over, taking a staggering step towards me. The time froze as we assessed each other, happy and unbelieving at the same time. There was this intimacy in knowing someone warm and familiar in an unknown, foreign country, and that's what I felt as the heat rushed up my body. My mouth hung open, trying to take it all in. To take him all in.

He too appraised my whole form, leaning against the half opened door. The choppy hair covering his forehead in the most delectable way. I looked up from his ripped jeans, to his white tee and that chiseled swimmer body. Then back up to his eyes which remained glued to the lower half of my body.

Cool air-conditioned air hit my feet and legs. The realization was like a splash of cold water on my face. Because sure enough, I was standing there with no, and I meant no pajamas on. I crossed my legs in panic, pulling down the small dress shirt to at least cover my mid thighs. My cheeks burned, and my heart rate spiked up, the thumping deafening my ears.

Something worse than running around the hotel in pajamas? Being caught not wearing any pajamas.

"This is a dream, this is a dream, this is a dream... " I chanted under my breath, shutting my eyes tight. If only closing them could make everything go away.

"Do you want proof?" Brandon whispered, and my eyes popped open at his voice. He leaned closer to the doorframe, and my breath hitched when he stooped lower to my eye level. My feet staggered, trying to take a step back. But he only slid closer, parting his lips a little. He exhaled, and his minty breath fanned my face.

Slightly feeling that this looked like a toothpaste commercial of some sort, I ignored my rambling thoughts, when he took another step closer. If he went any closer we would be just short of hugging each other. My eyes widened to another level when I noticed the glint in his eyes. Another chant started up in my mind,

Oh god, he is going to kiss me. He is going to kiss me. Shit, he's going to kiss me!

"Yes, I am going to kiss you. Now shut up," he breathed on to my face, and I did as he asked. My face at least two degrees hotter as he closed the distance between us.

But another reality hit me hard when I remembered that I had just in fact woken up, and this entailed a good pack of free morning breath.

Truth to be told, now was the time to panic.

My hand slid down the door length as Brandon kept his torturous pace towards me. I took a step back, but he didn't notice, brushing away my hair from my face. My nerves got me and I pushed upon my feet, jumping a little to kiss Brandon's cheek and catching him by surprise.

He gave a gasp and tried to grasp my hand. But my mind had already went over to la la land, prying it away in one short move. With a gust of wind, I turned, and yelped, "Bye!"

And slammed the door on his face.

...

...

...

Oh my freaking God.

I slid down the closed door, my heart leaping out my chest, doing a puddle dance in hot chocolate flames. My lips burned where it had touch his cheek. And not his lips.