EPILOGUE

BRANDON'S POV

BRANDON'S POV

ONE YEAR LATER

The white roses clinging to the vines as decoration outside added a hint of sweetness into the air. Windows were wide open, and the scent penetrated from the garden, through the house and to us. It was a refreshing morning, a bright and cloudless sky as I looked out, and so far, not a thing was out of place. At least, that's what we hoped.

Lisa Sawyer—my mother who didn't take no for answers—was proving to be a difficult task. With a sigh, I adjusted the black bow on my collar and brushed off any residual icing sugar from my black tuxedo. Three seconds. That's how long the silence lasted when she broke out into another fit of flurry, and sent the four of us to do an endless array of tasks (they seemed to pop out of nowhere) and made our asses get back to work. I snuck a glare at her and attempted to slip out of the door, but she caught me with a snort. "Are you sneaking away to meet Ty again?"

I winced as she grabbed me by the collar, and made me stand in front of her. Next to me, Liam, Seth, and Leo snickered. Wait till it's their turn.

"No. Just going to pee."

My mother narrowed her eyes, not believing me for a second. Still, she said, "Fine."

Pursing my lips to hold back my grin, I gave a slight smirk towards the three dumbfounded comrades (not anymore) beside me and rushed out. That had been easy. The moment of elatedness was cut short when a voice called out from behind me. "Where ya going, handsome?"

The husk in the voice was unmistakable. My advancing steps halted, and I registered the familiar tone of teasing. With my lips pulled taut into a smile, I turned and made a cute pose in response to her jest. Her laughter was music to my ears. At last, I got to see her. She wore an off-white dress, her fiery red hair resonating with her amused twinkling eyes and passionate personality, and those red-clad lips pulled into a seductive smile. Unable to help myself, my feet moved towards the woman who had been dominating my life for the past one year and released a contented sigh. "Tyler."

"Is our baby okay?" she asked.

That wasn't what I expected right off the bat. It was funny how priorities changed in a matter of seconds. My eyebrows went up with her question, and I motioned back to the room where the others were. "Wanna see for yourself?"

Tyler nodded. In her mumbling voice, which I had nicknamed I-thought-aloud-again-shit, she whispered to herself, "Can't trust with Seth and Leo in the room. They can manage to build a bomb with nothing but pure wicked luck."

She smiled like she hadn't said that aloud, and too accustomed to her habits, I shrugged to myself and followed her behind to the large drawing room everyone was waiting in.