Felix - Start to Finish

I stare up the trees with his hand in mine. It's a wintery day at we were walking in the hazy woods abroad. He says, "Do you want to...kiss?"

I wake up. 4:37. I take a shower and I go back to sleep until around twelve when I wake up again, I brush my teeth and go for a walk to clear my mind and think about happy thoughts from start to finish. When I head home, I see a girl with frizzy hair walking out of the yellow house. Maria. She has on an oversized grey-ish hoodie. I think back to the picture Charli showed me on his phone. She kinda looks like the girl from the photo, it's kinda scary. I stop starring so I don't freak her out.

The first thing that happens when I enter is: Alaska putting Donnie's hair up in a little bun. His hair is shaggy like Rey's. I never understood why guys like their hair over their eyes. Doesn't it hurt? How can they see? Alaska jumps up and hugs me. "Heyyy!!"

"Heyyy," I say back to lighten the mood.

"I stole your girl!" Donnie says as he plants a big one on her. She laughs and throws popcorn at his face.

"Woah, you two are dating, now?"

"Yeah, isn't he sooo cute?!"

"We only broke up about a month ago!"

"Yeah, I moved on."

"But you were my first."

"Yeah, and I feel special, but didn't you date me after you dated Busk?"

"Yeah, not a month later. And how did you find out about that?"

"Uh, I knew you before your transition."

I go up to my room. I can't believe it, she's dating my younger brother because she has nothing else to do. I scream throwing things around my room. "Sluuuuuuuut!!!!!!!!"

She walks in. I gasp kneeling. Her hand's over her mouth. Donnie walks in beside her as they watch tears stream my face. "I'm so sorry."

"Get. Out." she doesn't listen. "I said get out!"

She pulls me in a hug, "I...should have talked to you about it, I'm so sorry!"

We cry together because that's what friends do.

Hours pass and I'm just about done with my room. I go downstairs and I see Gramma talking to Maria.

"You are a bad influence on the kids, Maria!"

"No, you can't take them fully away from me. Haven't you done enough?"

"No, but I will make sure they never see you again."

"Why?" She cries. "Why!?"

I go up to my room to think. To ponder. I go on another walk. The frizzy-haired girl's gone.